Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey, I'm Aken Sol
dimplez Wrote:HI!! you have nice talents

Thank you Big Grin
Aken Sol Wrote:
... Wrote:thats pretty well balanced... how long have you been doing it?

Ahaha, thank you I guess. There's so many different martial arts out there though ya know? So I feel like the handful of styles I've studied isn't really very much compared to how vast the martial arts world is.

I also don't count that I know a style unless I've been doing it for at least 3 years (I know it takes longer to actually master any style but I'm still pretty young >.>),
so for Taekwondo (my most recent art), I've been doing it for 5 years. I definitely have to train more to stand any chance in the tourneys coming up.

What about you. I noticed you were also into martial arts. What style(s) do you do?
well it seems we have similar tastes i did boxing for years and then went on to muy thai and iaido..my most recent stlye too is tae kwon do its a mix of itf and hapikido...plan on starting judo soon..i also feel one stlye is not suitable learning different stlyes helps to be more balanced...yeah there is so many different stlyes it take a life time to even learn a fraction of them
Plus 44 would be my favorite to listen to (cuz i like synth effects) followed by blink, but to play would be metallica.
... Wrote:well it seems we have similar tastes i did boxing for years and then went on to muy thai and iaido..my most recent stlye too is tae kwon do its a mix of itf and hapikido...plan on starting judo soon..i also feel one stlye is not suitable learning different stlyes helps to be more balanced...yeah there is so many different stlyes it take a life time to even learn a fraction of them

Wow, lucky! You've actually gotten trained in swordsmanship? The most I've been able to do is fool around with my martial arts buddies using bokkens and books that we've read.

ITF style is badass, and when you combine it with Hapkido, you can really do throws and counters well in competitions. I'm doing WTF right now though because i really want to go to the Olympics. I also feel that the style is alot safer (for my opponents and myself) because of the point system and required gear. Do ITF matches even use head gear??

Judo... heh. That's definitely going to be a fun style for you to learn. I'm sure you know already, but if you've already taken Hapkido, it should be easier for you to develope your skills in Judo.
Arctic Wrote:Plus 44 would be my favorite to listen to (cuz i like synth effects) followed by blink, but to play would be metallica.

I've never heard of Pluss 44, I'll have to check them out sometime. I do know Metallica and I can totally understand why it would be fun to play. You can totally rock out to it you know?

Are the bass lines hard for Metallica songs? How long does it take you to memorize one of thier songs?
i havent tried memorizing yet Tongue

but you need to know palm-muting, sliding, hammer-on, pull-off, all those basic techniques... blink 182 and plus 44 are just regular ones

blink 182 split into Angels and Airwaves (Tom, the guitarist) and plus 44 (Mark, the Bassist, who btw i have my ibanez signed by Big Grin, and Travis, the drummer)
Arctic Wrote:i havent tried memorizing yet Tongue

but you need to know palm-muting, sliding, hammer-on, pull-off, all those basic techniques... blink 182 and plus 44 are just regular ones

blink 182 split into Angels and Airwaves (Tom, the guitarist) and plus 44 (Mark, the Bassist, who btw i have my ibanez signed by Big Grin, and Travis, the drummer)

Awesome, Did you go and get it signed or was it signed when purchased? xD
I wanna learn Bass. (my gran wanted me to learn Violin =3)
lol

You can play the elcetric violin =3
Aken Sol Wrote:
... Wrote:well it seems we have similar tastes i did boxing for years and then went on to muy thai and iaido..my most recent stlye too is tae kwon do its a mix of itf and hapikido...plan on starting judo soon..i also feel one stlye is not suitable learning different stlyes helps to be more balanced...yeah there is so many different stlyes it take a life time to even learn a fraction of them

Wow, lucky! You've actually gotten trained in swordsmanship? The most I've been able to do is fool around with my martial arts buddies using bokkens and books that we've read.

ITF style is badass, and when you combine it with Hapkido, you can really do throws and counters well in competitions. I'm doing WTF right now though because i really want to go to the Olympics. I also feel that the style is alot safer (for my opponents and myself) because of the point system and required gear. Do ITF matches even use head gear??

Judo... heh. That's definitely going to be a fun style for you to learn. I'm sure you know already, but if you've already taken Hapkido, it should be easier for you to develope your skills in Judo.
yeah we use head gear foot and hand pads and a cup because you need a cup haha..its hard on the joints blown out my knee twice already
iaido was alot of fun i kind of wish i kept with it...
Got it signed by Mark Hoppus when he came to NYC with plus 44 Smile

You guys can practice your martial arts, i'll stick with my best friends -

"Shotgun no. 1"

and

"Shotgun no. 2"

Cool