Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hayate the combat butler
This is one of the best manga I have ever read. If anyone wants to read excelence and greatness, read this. If anyone has read this manga then I would really like to hear your thoughts.
hmm, i read it, its a good manga, damn funny, but u noe, what the thing lacks is common sense, butlers dont battle, if they do its an extra skill for them, and they dont control their master like asking them to throw flowers all ard and beating the hell out of em to teach them a lesson, but that is what makes the series interesting i guess, but overall, its a nice series, and damn funny. but i want to hear other people thoughts as well.
Finally someone make the thread about this manga. I'm reluctant to do it in the first place 'cause I think it'll be overshadowed by most of the popular manga here.

I love the story since it's mostly focused on slice of life/comedy like School Rumble (need to make thread for this one too..., eventually), driven by the misunderstandings of characters and sort of invincible in-debt butler.
Butler don't fight of course, but they just have to. To make this light-hearted comedy even better.

overall, this is currently my most favorite manga hosted here along with PoT & Bleach.

additional info for the manga status:
raw release (Japan) - 11 volume
Viz release (US) - 3 volume
scanslated (by Musashi, hosted here) - 6 volume
its a gd manga, really.
nvr fails to giv me a gd laugh! haha.
bt vry catchy, though. im refering to its plotline.
bt its comedies are gd. (:
This manga is a good comedy manga
but if i think maybe the plotline is not very good
Well that's what makes it so great: it's just random. C'mon, although butlers don't really have a killing blow in real life, what's wrong with having it in a manga? It's no different than when they ask you to belive in elves and magic.
Imagine like knight protecting their master, and change it to butler in modern style so that every butlers had to have finishing blow to protect their master.

Hopefully since the raw is already available to volume 11, Musashi will quickly scans off the rest of the chapters.
it really is a funny one.. both the anime and manga are cool
The anime have more parodic referances to others anime/manga, only sadly it's censored (there're few parodic scenes I just don't get due to it).
i see..