Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions have consequences
Well, it's strangely lucky that the forum went down at this time as most people are finishing up exams and classes; thus have a little more time on their hands to post when online. (Could of been worse) I just hope the old forum comes back so the new forum can be advertised and I can get the rest of the stuff from my sig.

Life moves on.
Can't you get the stuff using the archive program?

Good thing I didn't bother with discussions that much, honestly I was attached was with the people I talked to, so no loss in my case (other than 4.7k posts I gained in 2 accounts)
Insane Soul Wrote:Can't you get the stuff using the archive program?

Archive or not, it's a massive hassle to get posts with quotes in them from my sig while logged out. Best thing would be for the forum to come back, which makes things a quick copy/paste in the edit sig section on the User CP.
peleihno Wrote:
Insane Soul Wrote:Can't you get the stuff using the archive program?

Archive or not, it's a massive hassle to get posts with quotes in them from my sig while logged out. Best thing would be for the forum to come back, which makes things a quick copy/paste in the edit sig section on the User CP.

This. If I had a post that involved a ton of spoiler tags, it'll be a massive pain to try and copy/paste them all. Even more so if there were color used in the post as well. I'd take hours to recreate the post.
so lets ignore old site and concentrate on new then maybe?
I'm reading through your sig right now Pele, some good stuff :lol:
peleihno Wrote:Well, it's strangely lucky that the forum went down at this time as most people are finishing up exams and classes; thus have a little more time on their hands to post when online. (Could of been worse) I just hope the old forum comes back so the new forum can be advertised and I can get the rest of the stuff from my sig.

Life moves on.

In that regard I'm actually kind of glad it went down and I didn't discover it until just the other day, since I didn't have to go through a futile exercise in self control trying to study and not lurk on OMF.
peleihno Wrote:Archive or not, it's a massive hassle to get posts with quotes in them from my sig while logged out. Best thing would be for the forum to come back, which makes things a quick copy/paste in the edit sig section on the User CP.

I have my old sig (spoiler codes and all) saved on a Txt file (since I changed it last minute into something superbly simple).

But if the site stays down for good, the sig is practically worthless since i link rather than directly quote.

I've started saving cached pages of pretty much everything, but Google caches take forever to load :lol:
This is bad. I'm too old to make new friends.
is ok you could always just cry in a corner ^_^