Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naruto Chapter 613 Discussion
I agree with Pele on this one...Oonoki was one of the people that I certainly thought would die in this war for the exact same reason Pele stated. But I'm going to hope that Kishi makes Tsunade fail with her plan to save the Kage's lives...If anything I hope she only manages to save 2 of them being Gaara and Mizukage since the other practically count as the old generation and had already had their time...Plus their deaths will have emotional turmoil and make way for other to take their place and get decent character development
You want Ei dead, Tokoya? That makes me sad, though I get what you mean with that. With Darui as Ei's right hand and likely successor as Raikage, it more or less falls into place. It would also make Bee rage.
peleihno Wrote:You want Ei dead, Tokoya? That makes me sad, though I get what you mean with that. With Darui as Ei's right hand and likely successor as Raikage, it more or less falls into place. It would also make Bee rage.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ai, but like I said, its time these guys step down and let someone else step up. Plus how awesome would it be to see Bee rage over the fact that his big bro is dead :XD:
Ah, it is true that popularity shouldn't dictate how you write your story. Unfortunately, that particular concept goes out the window with series that depend on external publishing.

Manga-magazines pretty much live on the ratings, especially in Japan. Even long lasting series aren't immune to it. If the ratings drop too far, it means less money for the company. And any series that doesn't make enough money, gets axed.

Killing off one or two popular characters might not affect the popularity too much, but killing of loads and loads of characters is a sure fire way leading to losing fan interest. It's why most of the deaths in this war have been mooks, because no-one cares about mooks. That's why the war feels a bit unrealistic even in Narutoverse standards.

Edit: It's not like book-publishing though. Published book-series are a standalone production. One series flunking will not affect other series unless the company goes under.

Manga-magazines on the other hand host several series, but most people who buy them only buy them for one or two series at maximum. While they pay the full prize for the magazine and thus generate income for every author involved as well as the company, if they lose their interest in those particular series, they will no longer buy the magazine and then everyone loses income. It's a very slippery slope.
Tokoya Wrote:
peleihno Wrote:You want Ei dead, Tokoya? That makes me sad, though I get what you mean with that. With Darui as Ei's right hand and likely successor as Raikage, it more or less falls into place. It would also make Bee rage.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ai, but like I said, its time these guys step down and let someone else step up. Plus how awesome would it be to see Bee rage over the fact that his big bro is dead :XD:

Madara came into the Obito vs. Bee, Naruto, Gai, and Kakashi battle, stating or at least hinting at the Kages demise at his hands. Yet Killer B didn't rage, though he probably should have .. but eh Kishi cares little for character development.
Wait, what are you guys saying? No one is gonna die in this war.
if people dont die in this war than i will never read anything written by kishi ever again
Narubi Wrote:
Tokoya Wrote:

Madara came into the Obito vs. Bee, Naruto, Gai, and Kakashi battle, stating or at least hinting at the Kages demise at his hands. Yet Killer B didn't rage, though he probably should have .. but eh Kishi cares little for character development.

Yeah, thats true.......but hey a guy can still dream can't he :lol:
Narubi Wrote:
Tokoya Wrote:

While the latter statement is true these days, I'd imagine Bee just wasn't buying Madara's words.

Dantrag Wrote:Ah, it is true that popularity shouldn't dictate how you write your story. Unfortunately, that particular concept goes out the window with series that depend on external publishing.

Manga-magazines pretty much live on the ratings, especially in Japan. Even long lasting series aren't immune to it. If the ratings drop too far, it means less money for the company. And any series that doesn't make enough money, gets axed.

Killing off one or two popular characters might not affect the popularity too much, but killing of loads and loads of characters is a sure fire way leading to losing fan interest. It's why most of the deaths in this war have been mooks, because no-one cares about mooks. That's why the war feels a bit unrealistic even in Narutoverse standards.

Edit: It's not like book-publishing though. Published book-series are a standalone production. One series flunking will not affect other series unless the company goes under.

Manga-magazines on the other hand host several series, but most people who buy them only buy them for one or two series at maximum. While they pay the full prize for the magazine and thus generate income for every author involved as well as the company, if they lose their interest in those particular series, they will no longer buy the magazine and then everyone loses income. It's a very slippery slope.

This pretty much sums the whole situation up. Though I really doubt Onoki's death would deter fan interest. Gaara, yes, but not Onoki.

That and the book authors have more freedom, seeing as GRRM kills off popular characters without a care in the world in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
I can't believe it had to be Shikaku and Inoichi...

At least, it was intelligent to kill them, making the allied force unable to communicate.

Other than that, the chapter was not really good...

I want the moon eye plan to be a success. Sure, some people wouldn't get affected by it, like Sasuke or Kakashi thanks to their Sharingan, and Naruto because he's Naruto. But at least, Madara and Tobi would have achieved something...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Naruto character are you? Manga-Otaku 37 7,074 11-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Narubi
  Naruto Parodies ANewLight 2 1,747 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
  Naruto Chapter 521 discussion alekos23 1 651 02-22-2013, 11:14 AM
  Naruto chapter 620 discussion alekos23 1 644 02-14-2013, 04:40 AM
  Naruto chapter 619 discussion alekos23 1 688 02-06-2013, 05:20 AM
  Naruto chapter 618 discussion alekos23 14 2,824 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM
  Naruto chapter 614 discussion hakiluffy 7 2,412 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Blue22
  Naruto Timeline Petite Fleur 5 4,036 12-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Last Post: ANewLight
  How to improve naruto(the manga) Megabuster 32 4,949 12-09-2012, 06:09 PM
  Chapter 530 Discussion/Chapter 531 Predictions MattC303 21 2,684 03-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Last Post: m1hawkgsm