Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMF is down... again...again
Not strict.
Sometimes it is actually the opposite.
I have been on other forums, most of the staff is based on Forum Drama, It is shitty.

Greg likes AYAME but Rhyssa isn't allowed to like AYAME, otherwise Greg will remove Rhyssa's position, then the members and staff will bitch about it and side with each side until Greg gets butthurt and start delivering bans. Then nobody will ever speak about it anymore until Greg starts the cycle all over again.

Other cases are: Would Greg give modship to a very loyal and deserved poster who actually would do his job, or would greg give the modship to whoever says that his name is awesome and he also likes naruto? Most of the times, is option 2
Tokoya Wrote:That picture is full of win :lol:
Sev54_v2 Wrote:^ Agreed :lol:
ZeroCracked Wrote:that is the best post i have ever seen.
Lumi Wrote:I laughed too much at this.
Glad to be of service.

AND I'VE MISSED TALKING WITH YOU LUMI, WE NEED TO CATCH UP ON THE NEW SITE.
Insane Soul Wrote:Not strict.
Sometimes it is actually the opposite.
I have been on other forums, most of the staff is based on Forum Drama, It is shitty.

Greg likes AYAME but Rhyssa isn't allowed to like AYAME, otherwise Greg will remove Rhyssa's position, then the members and staff will bitch about it and side with each side until Greg gets butthurt and start delivering bans. Then nobody will ever speak about it anymore until Greg starts the cycle all over again.

Other cases are: Would Greg give modship to a very loyal and deserved poster who actually would do his job, or would greg give the modship to whoever says that his name is awesome and he also likes naruto? Most of the times, is option 2
So.... you don't like Greg huh....? Or is there some sort of love triangle I wasn't aware of? Confusedet4_baffled:
wingman32x Wrote:Part of what makes OMF different is that the members are held to a higher standard than some of the other forums. I haven't been to the big 3 forums much, but from my experience I've been impressed with the quality of the discussions. The mods simply don't tolerate much of the chaos causing stuff. I sometimes think that they can get a little too hardline, but they do a great job of maintaining the quality of the board.

Quick interjection- it's funny, because one of our concerns has been the decreasing quality of discussions on OMF. In the past we had a lot more really intelligent in-depth discussions and theories. We still have that sometimes, but a lot of amazing posters have left over the years.

The reality is that we'll never make everyone happy, and that's okay. Our goal is to have quality members interacting in quality ways to produce interesting discussions.

What many people don't quite realize is how much we want to give you guys leeway. I mean, look at this place. It started with one rule- be respectful. If everyone made thoughtful posts in good faith, we'd be much more flexible about going a little off topic because we would know you guys would steer the topic in the right direction again. Unfortunately, too many people are not mature about this and as a result we have an entire forum dedicated to different rules (at the normal forum).

Remember, the members make OMF.
I'm sorry man it's just if another point is made be it off topic or not I'm the type who follows that anyway XD, I do try to be on topic but sometimes that just doesn't work out, I am proud at least that that's the only thing wrong with me as opposed to it being something like being quick to anger though Confusedhrug:
Greg Wrote:
wingman32x Wrote:Part of what makes OMF different is that the members are held to a higher standard than some of the other forums. I haven't been to the big 3 forums much, but from my experience I've been impressed with the quality of the discussions. The mods simply don't tolerate much of the chaos causing stuff. I sometimes think that they can get a little too hardline, but they do a great job of maintaining the quality of the board.

Quick interjection- it's funny, because one of our concerns has been the decreasing quality of discussions on OMF. In the past we had a lot more really intelligent in-depth discussions and theories. We still have that sometimes, but a lot of amazing posters have left over the years.

The reality is that we'll never make everyone happy, and that's okay. Our goal is to have quality members interacting in quality ways to produce interesting discussions.

What many people don't quite realize is how much we want to give you guys leeway. I mean, look at this place. It started with one rule- be respectful. If everyone made thoughtful posts in good faith, we'd be much more flexible about going a little off topic because we would know you guys would steer the topic in the right direction again. Unfortunately, too many people are not mature about this and as a result we have an entire forum dedicated to different rules (at the normal forum).

Remember, the members make OMF.

It's interesting that you brought up people leaving. I've always wanted to ask you guys about how different you guys thought the forums were after the reader went dark. I know at the time there were a lot of people planning to leave.

About the quality of discussions going down, I've started seeing that too. One of my earliest experiences at OMF was discussing Ichigo 100%. The discussions that took place there were so engaging and interesting. People put tons of effort into these posts. I haven't really seen much of that at all lately.

About the rules, I know they were formed based on precedence. I never meant to imply that you guys were placing restrictions just to place them. In fact I think some of the rules do a great job in creating an environment that can house mature discussions. I see no problems with most of the rules.

DarkNemesis Wrote:So.... you don't like Greg huh....? Or is there some sort of love triangle I wasn't aware of? Confusedet4_baffled:

Just an example :C
Insane Soul Wrote:Ah, Greg is always a party pooper

Also, what scumbag added a negative reputation, I am the nicest guy ::C:

Must of been one of your opponents from the USOOP thread!

Edit: And hey folks! It's so refreshing to see you posters in action once again.
Any chance for slightly upped avatar size limits at the new forum, Greg? Even 125x125 would be much appreciated.
Am I the only one this site keeps dying on too? D: