Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of the Big 3 Shonen
MattC303 Wrote:
professor Wrote:Matt what do you mean by low expectations.

Exactly that. I don't expect much from it anymore. I just go with whatever Kubo offers each week and try my best to find something entertaining out of it.

Simply put,you find it to be bad hence you lower your standards to find something good in it.In other words its a polite way of saying its trash.
Since I'm bored I will start an argument with anything,so you find OP to be entertaining and interesting.What has OP done to capture your interest since the time skip?
professor Wrote:
MattC303 Wrote:
professor Wrote:Matt what do you mean by low expectations.

Exactly that. I don't expect much from it anymore. I just go with whatever Kubo offers each week and try my best to find something entertaining out of it.

Simply put,you find it to be bad hence you lower your standards to find something good in it.In other words its a polite way of saying its trash.
Since I'm bored I will start an argument with anything,so you find OP to be entertaining and interesting.What has OP done to capture your interest since the time skip?

No. You misunderstand. If I thought Bleach was trash, I wouldn't hesitate to drop it. My expectations were too high. I was too busy judging Bleach by what I thought should happen that I couldn't enjoy it. But the damage is done. I can't erase from my mind the things I was disappointed by in the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo/FKT arcs like the top 3 Espada being lame, and Ichigo and Aizen's anticlimactic fight. All I can do now is try to enjoy this current arc as much as possible.

I think we may have different views of One Piece. The post time skip story is no different to me than the pre time skip story. It still has the same old style and characters that I know and love. To answer your question more clearly, EVERYTHING has captured my interest since post time skip. New character designs, new villains, new settings, etc..

Bleach for me doesn't feel like Bleach anymore. This arc feels tacked on to the end of the old Bleach, whereas One Piece feels like the same story that I love. This Bleach arc, for lack of a better term, reminds me of a Bleach anime filler arc. I am starting to get into it though.

Naruto is supremely disappointing lately. This war is not catching my interest at all.

Overall I would say One Piece>Naruto>Bleach

Current arcs One Piece>Bleach>Naruto
MattC303 Wrote:No. You misunderstand. If I thought Bleach was trash, I wouldn't hesitate to drop it. My expectations were too high. I was too busy judging Bleach by what I thought should happen that I couldn't enjoy it. But the damage is done. I can't erase from my mind the things I was disappointed by in the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo/FKT arcs like the top 3 Espada being lame, and Ichigo and Aizen's anticlimactic fight. All I can do now is try to enjoy this current arc as much as possible.

The top 2 espada were not lame,considering the amount of captains that they to face they lived up to their hype.Aizen and Ichigo's fight was rushed but from recent interviews Kubo just said he wanted to wrap it and show a next side to Aizen.Kubo knows what problems he made hence why he said he will work  harder with his editor and make it more consistent.
MattC303 Wrote:I think we may have different views of One Piece. The post time skip story is no different to me than the pre time skip story. It still has the same old style and characters that I know and love. To answer your question more clearly, EVERYTHING has captured my interest since post time skip. New character designs, new villains, new settings, etc..

I don't understand how everything has captured your interest.Both Bleach and Op have revealed new characters,in Op the characters revealed so far are straight forward, especially the villains whereas the ones in Bleach  have a more shady approach have certain traits which make them more interesting.
The setting has been interesting but at it times it seems overdone due to the cluttered panels.

MattC303 Wrote:Bleach for me doesn't feel like Bleach anymore. This arc feels tacked on to the end of the old Bleach, whereas One Piece feels like the same story that I love. This Bleach arc, for lack of a better term, reminds me of a Bleach anime filler arc. I am starting to get into it though.

The beginning of Bleach revolved around KT, the same characters that have have been absent from the manga are getting the spot light they deserve.Orihime and Chad are getting more screen  time.
The badge Ichigo has finally come to play from the time Ukitake mentioned it,most people say is feels like a filler arc but the badge is of importance and one of things that have been foreshadowed.

MattC303 Wrote:Naruto is supremely disappointing lately. This war is not catching my interest at all.

I hate the whole Kabuto using Edo Tensei.What will have happened if Kabuto never went to Madara's aid since he was planning to start a war either way.With out Kabuto it will have just been white zetsu's fighting and an obvious win for the alliance.
professor Wrote:
MattC303 Wrote:No. You misunderstand. If I thought Bleach was trash, I wouldn't hesitate to drop it. My expectations were too high. I was too busy judging Bleach by what I thought should happen that I couldn't enjoy it. But the damage is done. I can't erase from my mind the things I was disappointed by in the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo/FKT arcs like the top 3 Espada being lame, and Ichigo and Aizen's anticlimactic fight. All I can do now is try to enjoy this current arc as much as possible.

The top 2 espada were not lame,considering the amount of captains that they to face they lived up to their hype.Aizen and Ichigo's fight was rushed but from recent interviews Kubo just said he wanted to wrap it and show a next side to Aizen.Kubo knows what problems he made hence why he said he will work  harder with his editor and make it more consistent.
MattC303 Wrote:I think we may have different views of One Piece. The post time skip story is no different to me than the pre time skip story. It still has the same old style and characters that I know and love. To answer your question more clearly, EVERYTHING has captured my interest since post time skip. New character designs, new villains, new settings, etc..

I don't understand how everything has captured your interest.Both Bleach and Op have revealed new characters,in Op the characters revealed so far are straight forward, especially the villains whereas the ones in Bleach  have a more shady approach have certain traits which make them more interesting.
The setting has been interesting but at it times it seems overdone due to the cluttered panels.

MattC303 Wrote:Bleach for me doesn't feel like Bleach anymore. This arc feels tacked on to the end of the old Bleach, whereas One Piece feels like the same story that I love. This Bleach arc, for lack of a better term, reminds me of a Bleach anime filler arc. I am starting to get into it though.

The beginning of Bleach revolved around KT, the same characters that have have been absent from the manga are getting the spot light they deserve.Orihime and Chad are getting more screen  time.
The badge Ichigo has finally come to play from the time Ukitake mentioned it,most people say is feels like a filler arc but the badge is of importance and one of things that have been foreshadowed.

MattC303 Wrote:Naruto is supremely disappointing lately. This war is not catching my interest at all.

I hate the whole Kabuto using Edo Tensei.What will have happened if Kabuto never went to Madara's aid since he was planning to start a war either way.With out Kabuto it will have just been white zetsu's fighting and an obvious win for the alliance.

hmm... too lazy to break this up into quotes...

Anyway, the top 3 Espada's fights were lame for me. Personal preference. Well, Hacchi vs. Barragan was okay, but Starrk was hugely disappointing and Harribel wasn't very memorable at all. Like I said before, it is more my fault for over-hyping/having unreasonable expectations. For how much time the Arrancar arc-Deicide arc took, it was very lackluster and anticlimactic all around.

Come on man. You can understand personal preference. Just because the "mysterious" new characters in Bleach are more interesting to you than the "straight forward" new character in One Piece, doesn't mean I feel the same and it doesn't make either of us wrong.

That's all and good that Orihime and Chad and other disregarded characters are getting more screen time, but it just so happens that them not being in the spotlight has made me have very little interest in them. I am much more interested in the Soul Society characters than Orihime, Chad and Uryuu.

I'm not a big fan of Edo Tensei either. Especially some of the characters resurrected. I think Kishi should have made better use of the Akatsuki members while they are alive and I think bringing back Asuma soils his epic death. And yeah, you are right, what the hell did Madara think he was going to do if Kabuto didn't show up? Or maybe he planned Kabuto helping him out too lol.

I know a lot of people are glad to see Naruto and Sasuke out of the picture right now, but honestly, they are who I want to see. They were the focus for so long. Why should I care about these new and disregarded characters.
MattC303 Wrote:hmm... too lazy to break this up into quotes...

Anyway, the top 3 Espada's fights were lame for me. Personal preference. Well, Hacchi vs. Barragan was okay, but Starrk was hugely disappointing and Harribel wasn't very memorable at all. Like I said before, it is more my fault for over-hyping/having unreasonable expectations. For how much time the Arrancar arc-Deicide arc took, it was very lackluster and anticlimactic all around.

Come on man. You can understand personal preference. Just because the "mysterious" new characters in Bleach are more interesting to you than the "straight forward" new character in One Piece, doesn't mean I feel the same and it doesn't make either of us wrong.

That's all and good that Orihime and Chad and other disregarded characters are getting more screen time, but it just so happens that them not being in the spotlight has made me have very little interest in them. I am much more interested in the Soul Society characters than Orihime, Chad and Uryuu.

I'm not a big fan of Edo Tensei either. Especially some of the characters resurrected. I think Kishi should have made better use of the Akatsuki members while they are alive and I think bringing back Asuma soils his epic death. And yeah, you are right, what the hell did Madara think he was going to do if Kabuto didn't show up? Or maybe he planned Kabuto helping him out too lol.

I know a lot of people are glad to see Naruto and Sasuke out of the picture right now, but honestly, they are who I want to see. They were the focus for so long. Why should I care about these new and disregarded characters.

To each his own but I don't know how someone will prefer straight forward simple characters .
Kishi should have toned down the amount of people resurrected in the story.Some of the characters that are being shown are displaying abilities that have never been shown or even hinted before,blood line expansion is one of them,there is also Kinkaku and Ginkaku being able to transform and I don't really like the explanation.
I never liked Naruto as a character after he started to chase after Sasuke.Sasuke lost my interest after he stormed into the Kage summit.

professor Wrote:
MattC303 Wrote:hmm... too lazy to break this up into quotes...

To each his own but I don't know  how someone will prefer straight forward simple characters .
Kishi should have toned down the amount of people resurrected in the story.Some of the characters that are being shown are displaying abilities that have never been shown or even hinted before,blood line expansion is one of them,there is also Kinkaku and Ginkaku being able to transform and I don't really like the explanation.
I never liked Naruto as a character after he started to chase after Sasuke.Sasuke lost my interest after he  stormed into the Kage summit.

I don't really care for Naruto or Sasuke as character either, but by nature of how the manga is going, it is only natural that they will have the coolest/most interesting fights. That is all I am really looking for out of this war. Cool fights.
As much as I like bleach I'll agree the the top Espadas fights sucked except Barragan's.

I just read the posts in the dead OMF's BoB3 thread, omfg, how I wish I could go there.

My opinion: OP>=Naruto>Bleach. But just barely. Each one has stuff I like.

Bleach never lost me only because I read it all in one shot--which means I never had the "omg will this happen next week?" syndrome.

Probably same with Naruto. But One Piece doesn't quite suffer from that. The adventures are pretty self-contained, and though the different arcs intersect, they don't impinge on each other.

That's my two cents.
Shut up MihawkGASM
well I agree with most of what he's saying