Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access Forbidden
Vl731 Wrote:
wingman32x Wrote:
Truth Wrote:I recommend joining MangaHelpers forums, it's much better and much more organized unlike the "Haters Paradise" which has been acutely named for OMfollowers

Where do you post on the site, and what do you mean by that?

Probably has a lot to do with how at times OM seems to lean more towards OP then Naruto/Bleach, which are almost consistently bashed/hated on by those who like One Piece.

Ah. I had a feeling it was big 3 stuff. I don't hang around those parts very much. The other series threads are usually pleasant places to discuss, as well as certain other threads, like our Toonami thread.
Onemanga -forums is not a fanboy site. It is a place where all manga -readers can come together and share their opinions. Those opinions do not need to be gushing with praises, they can be negative too, extremely so if need be.

As such Onemanga does not tolerate phrases like "haters = gtfo". Their opinion is just as valid as the fans and no one has the right to claim someone's opinion doesn't mean a thing. And if larger and larger groups of people are complaining about a series, then obviously something is wrong. And no, it is not generally fans of one series raining sh*t down another. Nothing states you can only like one series after all.
Truth Wrote:I recommend joining MangaHelpers forums, it's much better and much more organized unlike the "Haters Paradise" which has been acutely named for OMfollowers

I recommend minding your own business and instead of advertising other site try to do something positive about ours. That is how is OM is, if you don't like it, Go away.

If you happen to like 1% of the good Posters in your opinion, try to talk with them on non "Hater Threads" such as dunno, Visitor messages?

Not to be rude, but the less thing I wanted to see on the issue we have right now is advertisement to other forum.
As Dantrag said, I really don't think a forum's posters need to be purely positive. Honestly, the majority of debating and posting comes from dissenting parties trying to argue their position.
A board which is filled with nothing but blind praise sounds awfully boring.
It is. i Have been on 2 forums like this.

The Bleach and Fairy Tail discussions for example, are a joke.
peleihno Wrote:The world would be a better place if Unohana (Still don't put her over Yama-jii or Aizen, can't stomach that) weren't the first Kenpachi -- something I didn't care for -- and Kenpachi's skills were consistent and he simply trained to learn to better use his zan. I don't know what's wrong with Kubo, feels like a Kenpachi fanboy decided on these developments.

To be fair I'm not so against Unohana being the first Kenpachi, since it does give her some interesting character by the fact of her going from a blood lusting beast to "Mother". However the only thing that makes her being the first Kenpachi bad is what Kubo just did this latest chapter.

An I really don't think she's above Yama or Aizen in terms of power an that, but the wording used lately just seems to make things confusing in understanding the power rankings as of late. However if Kubo is trying to make it Unohana > Yama and thus Kidpachi > Unohana > Yama despite Yama's own claims and hype he's recieved before his death ..... I'm just going to think Kishi took over for Kubo (or infected him at least) since that would be the same thing Kishi did with Hiruzen by hyping him up as the "God of Shinobi" and the strongest of the Hokage as well of the current Kages, yet only to not seem so by the display of power from those of the Sandaime Kages generation as well some of the Yondaime's ... not to forget the hype of his two predecessors (especially Hashirama).

Quote:Kenpachi in the past was essentially a stupidly hax child (He seemed no older than Byakuya in the TBTP arc). An untrained, inexperienced kid could overpower prime Unohana? This annoys me as much as the Tobi/Obito stuff with Kishi.

Have to agree, this is like having start of the series Kid Goku being able to best Saiyan Saga Vegeta without all his training from Roshi, Kami, and Kai. All of which seems so unbelievable and really cheap.

Quote:And agreed on Unohana's inevitable death without a decent showing, tis a shame.

/nod

Quote:My dislike for Zaraki doesn't help anything, might I add. Not to mention,  I just want more flashbacks of the Gotei's first generation. Though if Isshin is one of the founding captains, that could gain explication through him.

I wouldn't mind seeing flashbacks of the First Generation of Cpt.'s as well the past events of the Quincy eradication, especially if it means we see something out of younger Yama and Unohana. At this point is Isshin is one of the first gen .... then it's going to not have that great of an effect on me honestly.
I mean all this time the name Kurosaki has been thrown around the oldest Cpt.'s and yet nothing out of them about maybe somebody they once knew who had that same surname (as well about the whole Getsuga Tenshou attack which Isshin has as well as Ichigo), and nothing from the RG (who I thought for the longest he was a part of), not to mention we have Mayuri with his known spying methods an yet nothing out of him since we can be sure he's seen Isshin already.

So for it all to sudden come out like "Hey yeah we know your pops from the old days, it just never crossed our minds to think about it much till now .. ya know", would just feel really cheap at this point.
Debating always comes from dissenting parties, not just the majority, but all -- that's what debating is. And yes, that'd be dreadfully boring.

I'd thank the three posts above me if I could, seriously though this is one of the silliest arguments I hear. People expecting everyone to agree and throw praise at a series, that's a fanclub not a debate forum. Though there's always that misguided, misinformed hate, but that's always going to show up.
Dantrag Wrote:Onemanga -forums is not a fanboy site. It is a place where all manga -readers can come together and share their opinions. Those opinions do not need to be gushing with praises, they can be negative too, extremely so if need be.

As such Onemanga does not tolerate phrases like "haters = gtfo". Their opinion is just as valid as the fans and no one has the right to claim someone's opinion doesn't mean a thing. And if larger and larger groups of people are complaining about a series, then obviously something is wrong. And no, it is not generally fans of one series raining sh*t down another. Nothing states you can only like one series after all.

I'd like to point out why the Best of Big 3 thread was closed so often, but that seems kind of rhetorical and further off point in concerns to what this thread seemed to be about in the first place.

I'll leave it with I don't think everyone expects people to like everything about a series, but some do go overboard with their praise and their hate of series, I don't think that can be denied by anyone. And just because a large group of people hate something does not mean anything about the quality of the work, that's the same with something being good. More so when it comes down to an internet forum.
Nah, the reason why it was closed so often was because of spam and actual fighting/flamewars, that happened there. We do expect a certain amount of civility and respect towards others from our posters after all.
I enjoy debates as long as they stay firmly in the subject matter. It's all good until someone tries to sneak a personal jab in their post. A common instance is when they bring up the word intelligence.

I read romance series, and as a result I've been a part of many debates over pairings and such. But they have mostly been good discussions. IDK, I guess I'll end it by saying that I don't expect everybody to be on the same page as everybody else, but I would at least want it to be done in a respectful way.