Remove Ads

Poll: Do you prefer your anime...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
subbed?
90.57%
48 90.57%
or dubbed?
9.43%
5 9.43%
Total 53 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anime...
So what do you prefer? Why?
Personally, I prefer subbed anime... in general, the english dubbed dumbs down the show, using simpler vocabulary and also tends to screw things up in translation. On the other hand, subbed keeps everything intact (including curses [Image: diablotin.gif]) and I even pick up on some japanese.
I agree completely there Greg! Watching the dubbed naruto just makes me laugh... they have such high-pitched voices! Its definitely easier to understand, but yeah, hearing the actual Japanese helps to bring it to life sometimes. Especially with Naruto: how do you translate words like dattebayo, which is not an english word? when you hear the Japanese, you can still pick up on it.
By saying "Believe It!"? That was the most annoying thing about the english dubbed... it made me itch, lol.
Subbed anime for sure!
While some dubs are better than others, you simply can't beat the passion and emotion you get from watching the animes in Japanese.

Also I think a lot of the humor is lost in the dubs which was what made some of the anime series so great.
I prefer subbed anime as well. If i get an English spoken anime, its giving me goosebumps. Like Basilisk didSad
Of course, some of the humor is lost even in subbed. Chocolove's jokes went down the toilet in the Shaman King anime, but then again, puns are hard to deal with.
i like subbed bcuz the dubbed voices suck and its not edited
in OP smoker doesnt have cigars theres just smoke coming from him and when they dub it they edit it
OP became such a little kids show in the english dub
just 4got to put this but along the lines of losing the comedy of the shows OP has TONS of horrible puns...
plus "Believe It!" makes me want a bullet in my head or a knife in my chest....
Useless Wrote:i like subbed bcuz the dubbed voices suck and its not edited
in OP smoker doesnt have cigars theres just smoke coming from him and when they dub it they edit it
OP became such a little kids show in the english dub

Wasn't that the fault of that kid cartoon channel (forgot the name) who got the rights of OP in US. I think they didn't want to let children see smoking chars and even violence was cut out of it. like putting corks in the gun barrels and stuff.

Personally i hate it, but i can understand why they did it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More of a question / me wondering about manga/anime Gallagher2589 14 2,311 07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Last Post: TraN