Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams...Are they a reality?
i think ur in a coma..it just mean u're in a very long dream >.>
.....Going to move it to Debate...
Blaze Wrote:so dat's how u die in ur sleep o.O and yea...i would've die by now too...cuz i have many dream of myself fallen off a cliff or into a river..and woke up with shocks...=]

ah but you wake up right before you actually died
i believe that dreams are small areas of your mind that havent been put to rest while sleeping. Your brain is relaxed and is able to explore thoughts and create situations that are abnormal. Which could be why most people have rapid movement in their dreams, they portray them to be real; because while sleeping your brain tells you they are real.
Well......

The events of dreams are often impossible, or unlikely to occur, in physical reality: they are also outside the control of the dreamer. The exception to this is known as lucid dreaming, in which dreamers realize that they are dreaming, and are sometimes capable of changing their dream environment and controlling various aspects of the dream. The dream environment is often much more realistic in a lucid dream, and the senses heightened.

The theory of déjà vu dealing with dreams indicates that the feeling of having previously seen or experienced something could be attributed to having dreamt about a similar situation or place, and forgetting about it until one seems to be mysteriously reminded of the situation or place while awake.

Thank you Wikipedia..
That seems interesting, but what is defined as often? True that many of the dreams that people can recollect are such dreams, but that may be because the event, even if it was a dream, left an impact, basically an echo. A dream of a normal kind would not have such a profound impact and thus be less likely to be recollected, therefore making them more 'uncommon.'

@starchaela: If I am reading your sig correctly, does that say: mikutera? Correct me if I am wrong. What does that mean?
ooo this is getting deep lol
About deja vu I was thinking that it might have been possible that a person dreamt something likely to happen in real life, forgot about the dream and subconsciously proceeded through events that could make the dream a possiblity then once we have fulfilled these conditions is when that triggers our memory of having the dream.
i think deja vu is just seeing things. enspecially things you desire. like trapped in a desert you want water so bad you have deja vu about swimming in a pool
.....That doesn't make any sense. When you have deja vu, you know that you've already done something and your doing it again. Deja Vu is doing something that is there, which you already think you did.