Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide
Blaze Wrote:I think suicidial is wrong..cuz  the flesh on u is from ur parents and if u suicide it's like killing a part of ur parents...also ur parents raise u hoping someday they're be reward (i make no sense at all =.=)

Blaze, WTF?!, ideed.

SilverKunai Wrote:As I said in the abortion thread, everyone has their own views. Some say its sick, some say its cool. But suicide shouldn't be joked about.

This honestly sounds very stupid. Is anyone here taking this as a joke? For God's sake....

But, and yes there is a but, even thought it might sound stupid, there was something going around in the medical world a couple of years back...Let me see if I can find it.

Found it...The choking game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choking_game

excel-kleinwald Wrote:
geyter Wrote:I think anyone can agree that euthanasy is necessairy and should be legalized everywhere. and if you don't you're a bastard and i don't want to talk to you.

It is a bit weird to get fined for a suicide attempt... But maybe then it will scare of the people who are just doing it to get attention?
Besides suicide is usually a case of some sort of chemical unbalance or a short lived deppression. People just snap sometimes, and i guess it's their right to do so. What i don't understand is why so many have the need to take others with them or to make a big 'splash' while doing it. Why do they all wanna jump of the Eiffel Tower???

Suicide notes could be interesting. Only if they are real of course, actual notes who were left behind when a person died. If you can examine these i'm sure you would find out about a lot of reasons why this happens so much. Maybe the government would be able to adapt some rules or something. Seems like a good idea to me...

First off... please watch your language, and secondly you should respect others opinions and shouldn't just disrespect what they think like that.  People are fined because they want to scare you off from doing it again and to make you realize what you've done.

Just don't let this little confrontation grow...

Getting fined for a suicide attempt does indeed seem a little odd...but I am sure they have a secure system in place to insure proper judgment, and help on those showing signs of severe depression. I mean there must be some kind of exclusion for certain people...Otherwise, you'd just be adding to the stress and misery of the person.

I am not sure if there's reallly anything to say in a suicide note, except that it can indeed be very useful for leaving your last toughts, or realizing that, as you write all your problems, that they can be solved, the only case in which it can be bad, is when it hurts someone you love, like saying it was your parent's fault.

I should also say that true there might be a point in someone's life when they can't go on any longer, but there's of course another way of looking at it, which is that yo've hit the bottom, and the only way left is up.

I don't think that it's enought to just say that it's your life, and you can choose what to do with it, but not legally. if you want to take your life, then no law can stop you. But it should not be legal because you are taking a life when you might not be in a sane position. Laws, and such are there to help you, and being in depression is a time where you need help. So should it be legal? No. Is it alright? No. There is always an answer...always...
Wikipedia has given much on the meanings of suicide and I found some reasons beyond my own for why suicide occurs.

* Pain (e.g. physical or emotional agony that is not correctable)
* Stress (e.g. grief after the death of a loved one)
* Crime (e.g. escaping judicial punishment and the dehumanisation and boredom of incarceration)
* Mental illness and disability (e.g. depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety disorders or post traumatic stress disorder)
* Catastrophic injury (e.g. paralysis, disfigurement, loss of limb)
* Adverse environment (e.g. sexual abuse, domestic abuse, poverty, homelessness, bullying, social isolation)
* Financial loss (e.g. loss of job/assets, debts)
* Sacrificial reasons (e.g. a soldier throwing his body on a grenade)
* Unresolved sexual issues (e.g. sexism, sexual orientation, gender dysphoria, unrequited love, aftermath of a break up, involuntary celibacy)
* To avoid shame or dishonour (e.g. the Bushido ideal, under which a disgraced samurai could regain his honor by performing seppuku)
* Terrorism can also be a motive for suicide, especially when related to religion (e.g., suicide bombings)
* Extreme nationalism (e.g. the Kamikaze, Selbstopfer, and Kaiten suicide weapons)
* Philosophical belief that life has no inherent value (e.g. absurdism, pessimism, nihilism)
* Religious cults (e.g. Heaven's Gate and Peoples Temple)

excel-kleinwald Wrote:First off... please watch your language, and secondly you should respect others opinions and shouldn't just disrespect what they think like that.  

I'm sorry but i am free to disrespect anybody i want, nobody commented anybody on that on the gay mariage thread and i don't feel you should comment me on this thread. Especially since it affects me in a real life situation. If ever someone would tell me they are against the legal use of uthanasy i would honest to god punch him or even her in the face. (if i can reach it).
And i apologise to greg if he feels that i can't use the word bastard, but it was the nicest word i could think of.
geyter Wrote:
excel-kleinwald Wrote:First off... please watch your language, and secondly you should respect others opinions and shouldn't just disrespect what they think like that.  

I'm sorry but i am free to disrespect anybody i want, nobody commented anybody on that on the gay mariage thread and i don't feel you should comment me on this thread. Especially since it affects me in a real life situation. If ever someone would tell me they are against the legal use of uthanasy i would honest to god punch him or even her in the face. (if i can reach it).
And i apologise to greg if he feels that i can't use the word bastard, but it was the nicest word i could think of.

Well that's fine... now let's stay on topic, shall we, don't forget the thread i mad on why we can't finish our opics... well then umm...Geyter, any response to what I said?
No, not really. It's like Silver showed, don't think people who commit suicide are normal thinking persons like you and me. (well maybe not that normal Wink ) Most of the times you can't really tell them the only way is up. Usually it's a mental or physical thing. They are in so much pain or so out of it, they'll never reach anywhere near 'up' again.

But i was watching qi the other day, and found out that the us has a very low percentage of suicides. I wonder why that is?

Oh hey, a question. If people agree that sometimes suicide should not be illegal, then what do you think about the suicide box? (as shown in Futurama)
The suicide box?? Are you kidding?? If the world comes to that then we have a serious problem...
However just a few years ago in some african country so many people were commiting suicide by getting hit by trains that the government had to fine the remaining family members cause the mess they left behind ruined the train tracks...
Well the suicide box was in Futurama...and it looks like the people who were in line for it were actually normal and didn't look like they were going to die. They had a somewhat happy expression. And it seems Bender was just there to get some or something..
True, and i know it's just a cartoon. But if you think about it, it actually make some sense. It's a sure fire deal. That way you can make sure that people who make the attempt actually die, and this saves the state a lot of medical and psychconsul expenses. Plus it doesn't harm the trains or passersby. Plus it will differentiate the attentionseekers from the serious cases. Plus no more suicide watch in hospitals which would make more time for the people who were actually in an accident. Plus the state would be able to view the causes of each suicidal patient in more detail, if they implement rules and regulations to the users of said device.
And you guys thought that i was kidding. :grin:
What geyter said actually makes sense... If people started killing themselves it would help others indirectly, which is kinda weird...
Its the cowards way out i should know almost tryed it once but now lol now i look back at it my reasoning for wanting to do it was pretty stupid as well.