Remove Ads

Poll: Is abortion morally wrong?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
20.00%
2 20.00%
no
80.00%
8 80.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion
^^ Though I agree that parents should be given some sort of psych test it would never work because parents would argue that what makes a good parent is different in everyone eyes...
Another reason I think abortion should be legal is because some teen moms dont want to give their children to other people when in a few years they would be able to raise them themselves, so instead of giving them up for adoption, they keep them only to do a bad parenting job... Ive actually seen this happen twice. Some people do not like the idea that their child is out there and they cant see them.
Blaze Wrote:hehe seriously nice speech geyter xD excatly wut i was almost going to say...Abortion should be illegal but killing an unborn child is a sin (not really)...and they should've support him/she with full support,and if u knew that there might be a chance that birth control not working of condom broke..u shouldn't even done it..and also i think the baby should still be given birth to,even if the family is too poor or rape.

The thing is Blaze, nobody knows if there is going to be a chance of birth control failure or broken condoms because that is just something you can't realize beforehand so you can't decide whether you should do it or not based on that. I don't think that the baby should be born in case of a poor family or rape because there are just some things you don't want your baby exposed to. There are many things that can be considered worse than death itself, and having to suffer because your mother wasn't ready for you and can't support you is one of them.

Heck the truth is that humans have overpopulated the world because of situations like this where the mother has to give her child up to social services because she can't support her children, and sometimes that can be even worse because of foster families. Foster families that abuse, rape, and scar the kids forever emotionally and physically. That is also one reason I don't like the idea of premarital sex because once you're married there is no other time that you are more ready to have a child.
I think all of this can be resolved by the simple answering of one question: Why is killing someone wrong?
Why is killing someone wrong, are you serious??
I am sure he is, which seems more wrong, to just kill someone, or to put them out of their misery. The first is wrong because you are taking away a life from someone, a chance at happiness, sadness, whatever emotion or experience that they have yet to experience you have taken away from them they will no longer be able to live the rest of their lives. On the latter you are seen as playing the role of god, who are you to decide whether or not the one being killed will not have a future that makes up for their misery that they will definately have? The main debate between pro and anti choice advocates is what time frame is it possible to abort the baby? At what point in time does the embryo become an actual life? And then that point in time is what should be considered murder.
MangaAddict Wrote:Why is killing someone wrong, are you serious??

Does it seem like I am laughing? But I can see how it could seem like a joke, if it were coming form anyone else. As a note, I only joke when there are smilies, and abnormal punctuation in my posts like ?!, or !!!
I agree with excel, killing an unborn baby is a lot different then killing a person...

Draik Wrote:Does it seem like I am laughing? But I can see how it could seem like a joke, if it were coming form anyone else. As a note, I only joke when there are smilies, and abnormal punctuation in my posts like ?!, or !!!
Ill keep that in mind...
He was just trying to relate the two actions together to make us see the big picture, at least that is what I think he was trying to do with the severity seeming nature of his post.
excel-kleinwald Wrote:He was just trying to relate the two actions together to make us see the big picture, at least that is what I think he was trying to do with the severity seeming nature of his post.

We've just been saying that ruining a person's life by giving them one that they don't want is bad. But we haven't at all thought about why it's wrong to kill an unborn baby. We just naturally assume that it's wrong, even I don't know the answer to if it's right or wrong to kill an unborn child because I never gave it much thought, and I can't seem to think of a better time than now. It's like we've weighed only one side of the scale and not the other.
Indeed might as well get started on that then... it is hard to say whether it is right or not to kill an unborn child. Essentially what we are doing is taking away another thread in the tapestry of life and preventing that thread from reaching its true potential. I do not really want to say whether it is right to keep the life from being miserable or not anymore because the more and more we go into this debate the more I think that we do not know whether or not this child will live happily and fully or not.