Remove Ads

Poll: Is abortion morally wrong?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
20.00%
2 20.00%
no
80.00%
8 80.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion
Its been brought up in the other topics so discuss it here. Is it right or wrong?? Should it be legal, how to prevent it, etc...
Hm..., don't you think this kind of topic is kinda adultery here...?
Well, anyway, in my view, I think it's a wrong thing to do because what to be aborted by them would turn into a life later on...
Morally, it's wrong since the one that brought up a seed of a baby doesn't responsible for them.
Legally though, could be debated, but I don't really want to go further in this one...
adultery isn't exactly the correct word choice but I get what you mean, but if a person understands what abortion is then I believe that they should have the ability to form their own opinion.

There are two ways to look at it:

1. You are killing what could be a life if given the chance to grow.
2. You are helping to lives but preventing something you are not ready for.

I am pro choice because a baby could be the result of rape, broken condom, birth control not working and such and you shouldn't have to raise a life you are not ready to raise and if you want the best for your child, it would be best to keep them out of a life of misery.

Of course I am a little bias because I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for abortion.
I agree with excel. Rape and such are logical reasons for abortion. However people can abuse their freedom to have an abortion. Instead of using condoms or birth control, they get pregnant and have an abortion. Some do it multiple times. Once I can understand, but more than that I find gross. Yes if you let it live longer it will turn into a human being but at the point of abortion its still an it. However, if a woman gets an abortion at 6 months or so, I find that really disturbing cause those are actual babies with heart beats and everything. If we were to completely ban abortions (especially in countries like the us where birth control is not free from the government) then women would get abortions illegally resulting in their own deaths...
lol, I just had this as an essay topic for english : P

There's no real 100% way to prevent pregnancy for now.. @_@ I saw on the news ...There's this dam (I think?) that like... Kills pen0rs when they try to go in... (Not literally of course)

I personally think it's okay nonetheless, for the reasons excel said =D
I voted yes, because you asked if it was morally wrong. Of course morals would adhere that killing an unborn is wrong, and i agree with that. But that of course doesn't mean it should be illegal. By rape or accident, a pregnancy can happen to people who are not willing to have babies and the gouvernment should provide options that these people can take. If the government doesn't than a black market thing will rise up and pose a threat to the wellbeing of the people.
Anyway just because it goes against morals doesn't mean i wouldn't do it. Eating at McD is highly immoral too (with the whole killing the rainforest and all) but i still do it occasionally.

Friends of mine had an abortion, and they are still together because of it.
Other friends descided to keep their baby and broke up because of it...
But the kid is 7 now, and he's the coolest little guy you can imagine. The father has no regrets what so ever.
So it has ups and downs eighter way i guess.
So... i guess what i mean is, yes it is immoral to kill an unborn child. But in many ways letting a child be raised by unloving or uncaring parents is even more wrong.
geyter Wrote:I voted yes, because you asked if it was morally wrong. Of course morals would adhere that killing an unborn is wrong, and i agree with that. But that of course doesn't mean it should be illegal. By rape or accident, a pregnancy can happen to people who are not willing to have babies and the gouvernment should provide options that these people can take. If the government doesn't than a black market thing will rise up and pose a threat to the wellbeing of the people.
Anyway just because it goes against morals doesn't mean i wouldn't do it. Eating at McD is highly immoral too (with the whole killing the rainforest and all) but i still do it occasionally.

But the kid is 7 now, and he's the coolest little guy you can imagine. The father has no regrets what so ever.
So... i guess what i mean is, yes it is immoral to kill an unborn child. But in many ways letting a child be raised by unloving or uncaring parents is even more wrong.

Morally wrong to kill a child, or give it a crappy life of misery and hate?
I think that the latter is more ethically important.
Draik Wrote:
geyter Wrote:I voted yes, because you asked if it was morally wrong. Of course morals would adhere that killing an unborn is wrong, and i agree with that. But that of course doesn't mean it should be illegal. By rape or accident, a pregnancy can happen to people who are not willing to have babies and the gouvernment should provide options that these people can take. If the government doesn't than a black market thing will rise up and pose a threat to the wellbeing of the people.

Morally wrong to kill a child, or give it a crappy life of misery and hate?

Took the words right out of my mouth.
hehe seriously nice speech geyter xD excatly wut i was almost going to say...Abortion should be illegal but killing an unborn child is a sin (not really)...and they should've support him/she with full support,and if u knew that there might be a chance that birth control not working of condom broke..u shouldn't even done it..and also i think the baby should still be given birth to,even if the family is too poor or rape.
Draik Wrote:Morally wrong to kill a child, or give it a crappy life of misery and hate?

Yeah, that's what i meant. Abortion should be available because i'd never want to see a child suffer like that, but nobody can deny that it's still morally wrong.

The people i feel very sorry for are the guys who wanna adopt. All these teenage girls having abortions all over the place and a couple that has been trying for twenty years can't have a child. Must be the most frustrating thing in the world. Especially if you look at it from a biological viewpoint, it's deep in our core genes to want to reproduce and safen your genetic code for a new generation.

There should be a halfway model, like a psych test parents have to take that tells them if they are mentally fit to have children. If not, they go to adoption. Seems kinda cruel, but having kids raised by mentally unfit parents is rather crueler. The most defining element to personality disorder is the environment you are raised in.