Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The media
So does the media do more harm than good? Are some stations biased?? Do they make it seem that the world is more dangerous than it really is?? Do they make something out of nothing?? Do they invade peoples privacy??
Wow, everything up there describes the media perfectly.

The media never leaves anyone alone. If there is a giant murder case going on they keep pestering the family making them rehash the entire situation over again and they treat people as a story and will do anything to get that story.
Seriously... Sometimes, news programs have things on celebrities. I mean, c'mon... It's the news -__- So lame.

Definitely... I'm sure there are by far much more worse girls than Britney or Paris... And I'm SURE of it @__@

But, they don't go on the news or anything O:
The media is friggen annoying, there information is completely baised and
it is always affected by outside factors, nit to mention that it is a race to see who gets the best rating. They dont care about delivering important overlooked news they show fabricate stories to make them better and make the world look a lot worse than it is.
(i know horrible grammar)
When I think of the media I think of how they drool over sad stories. If anyone heard of that Virginia Tech shooting months ago youll understand what I mean. The media had chairs set out and cameras everywhere so they could get a piece of the tradgedy. They even tried to get students who saw the shootings occur to talk to them. They treated it more like a fair then they did a horrible tragedy where people lost their lives...
MangaAddict Wrote:When I think of the media I think of how they drool over sad stories.  If anyone heard of that Virginia Tech shooting months ago youll understand what I mean.  The media had chairs set out and cameras everywhere so they could get a piece of the tradgedy.  They even tried to get students who saw the shootings occur to talk to them.  They treated it more like a fair then they did a horrible tragedy where people lost their lives...

Thats only because it wast the only tradgedy in a while they didnt have to fabricate. It was an easy was to get ratings and little work was neccesary
The media is biased for one reason, because everybody is biased. The anchors, the producers, journalists, editors, everybody. They just focus their bias to one side to attract more of the viewers than others. They do this because they feel that the people have a right to know, and that they have a right to report it because of the bill of rights (at least that is the way it is in America). And face it, we do want to know. The majority of us will not really care how they get the news as long as they do. We would have all wanted to see the V tech news, the MJ and OJ cases, the bombing scares all over the world... because we don't not want to know.
As for news, look at the discription & situation from the media, then jugde it yourself.
As for selebrity (or any famous people for that matter) gossip, read the main sentence only, the filling sentences mostly consisted of bias.
Most importantly, don't take claimed opinions (whether it's the reporter, journalist, even the people in question) too seriously.
excel-kleinwald Wrote:The media is biased for one reason, because everybody is biased.  The anchors, the producers, journalists, editors, everybody.  They just focus their bias to one side to attract more of the viewers than others.  They do this because they feel that the people have a right to know, and that they have a right to report it because of the bill of rights (at least that is the way it is in America).  And face it, we do want to know.  The majority of us will not really care how they get the news as long as they do.  We would have all wanted to see the V tech news, the MJ and OJ cases, the bombing scares all over the world... because we don't not want to know.
Yes we do wanna know whats going on, but the way reporters get their information, especially from victims, is almost barbaric...
And reporters should state that their biased if they are, otherwise I would want two sides of a story so that I could decide who is right or wrong in that story on my own...