Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoutbox
Okay, this is just a bit of a discussion for the shoutbox on the main site. Frankly, right now it needs some serious moderation, especially around the Shonen Jump time of week: its not an IRC channel, and as it is, I don't think it contributes much to the site. I mean, if someone comes to the site for the first time, and all they see in the shoutbox is people making anal sex jokes, that really could put off some people. What does everyone else think about this? (btw, this is kinda a continuation of a topic somewhere else, but in a more suitable part of the forum)
I vote for "Remove the Shoutbox". Moderating it is good, but who would do that? That's too much work for humans, I think.
Or we can simply block it for a while and then reactivate it.
And after unblocking it the people will stop posting "UPLOAD Manga-XY NAO! :banghead:-smiley-flood" and stuff like that? I doubt it. As long as there's no idiot-filter for the internet, shoutboxes like that won't work.

I have to say it as harsh as this, the shoutbox pulls this great site into an endless pit of stupidity.

Edit: Well, not the shoutbox itself, but 95% of the people using it ^^
I agree. Something probably needs to be done about the shoutbox.
If it is continued to be misused we might just remove it.

We had it up originally as a simple tool for some communications with the users when the site first started out. But now it seems to be getting out of hand now.

I leave it on there for now though until we can figure something out.
removing the shoutbox and telling people to join the forums to discuss things would be my action of choice.
SB is very useful
i like to talk with Hyko and other ppl on it

and ppl get to discuss about stuff mostly manga

well most ppl doesnt really use the SB except for saying Upoad.......

Spade:
[I vote for "Remove the Shoutbox". Moderating it is good, but who would do that? That's too much work for humans, I think.]

I would but hyko said "we are not recuiting for SB admin right now"
I see Arctic's choice as a reasonable one. But if we move them here, how do we not know if they'll do the same thing to the shoutbox here?
because we can ban them here Smile
Well..only Greg has that power..I think. Me and the other mods can only delete their posts and ask them to be nicer.