Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey, I'm Aken Sol
Hey everyone. The name's Aken and seeing how this is the introduction section, I thought I should introduce myself.

I am:
  • male
  • Californian
  • a (decent) bassist
  • a martial artist
  • a (crappy) poet
  • a fan of anime/manga
  • a fan of Japanese culture
  • music lover (yes, japanese music included)

what type of martial arts do you do?
Wow, lots of bassists here
... Wrote:what type of martial arts do you do?

...- Well, I wouldn't say I'm very good at the following but I've trained and continued training in these styles: Hapkido, Taekwondo, Boxing (it counts right?), Muay Thai (though I quit that one a few years ago), and I'm working on my ground game with Jujutsu (not very good). I'm very serious now about my Taekwondo training and I'm hoping to win a tourney in a few monthes that would allow me to compete in an international tourney in korea. I hope I don't get my butt kicked @_@
Arctic Wrote:Wow, lots of bassists here

That's because cool people, with funky rhythm play bass Tongue

I should also mention that I only started a few monthes ago and can only play a handful of songs by Ok Go, Dir En Grey, Muse, and Marcy Playground >_>
thats pretty well balanced... how long have you been doing it?
HI!! you have nice talents
Ok go... that treadmill song lmao

I only have 7 months of experience.. i play stuff by blink 182, plus 44, and a little Angels and Airwaves, Coldplay, Nirvana, Metallica, and other bands.
... Wrote:thats pretty well balanced... how long have you been doing it?

Ahaha, thank you I guess. There's so many different martial arts out there though ya know? So I feel like the handful of styles I've studied isn't really very much compared to how vast the martial arts world is.

I also don't count that I know a style unless I've been doing it for at least 3 years (I know it takes longer to actually master any style but I'm still pretty young >.>),
so for Taekwondo (my most recent art), I've been doing it for 5 years. I definitely have to train more to stand any chance in the tourneys coming up.

What about you. I noticed you were also into martial arts. What style(s) do you do?
Arctic Wrote:Ok go... that treadmill song lmao

I only have 7 months of experience.. i play stuff by blink 182, plus 44, and a little Angels and Airwaves, Coldplay, Nirvana, Metallica, and other bands.

Ahaha, I JUST learned how to play "You're a Million Ways to be Cruel" (the one where they're dancing in the backyard lol) My fingers almost bled >.<

Man, those bands usually have really nice bass lines. Which band do you like most?