Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why?
Why is Bleach called Bleach? Was it mentioned before, have a japanese meaning, or is it because of his hair? If not any of those... theory time!
its his hair
...but its not bleached the colors natural...
i know, pplz think he bleaches his hair even though he doesnt
Hi. I'm new here.
I have read several theories about the manga's title.

1)Bleach refers to the process of purification the soul reapers undergo to send hollows and other spirits to soul society
2)When Rukia first gave her powers to Ichigo...her outfit was bleached white.
3)Ichigo is the reincarnation or bleached form of Kaien's
4) Tite Kubo's favorite band is Nirvana who has an album titled Bleach
5)Ichigo's hair

I think the hair theory is the least likely...early on in the series we find out that Ichigo has always been given a hard time for his hair, even as a small boy...I doubt seriously his parents bleached his hair for him at the age of like 6...My personal favorite is the first theory.
i still think that it was his hair...not that it was bleached but that because in japan to get that look you would have to bleach it...
but the only real way to know is to ask kubo tite himself...
he could have been doing laundry and accidentally bleached his clothes...or any other number of things...
Hmm, would you have prefered something else? ^^ Like :O Maybe Shinigami!! Nah, to obvious...or...Fight on the other side >.< To gay. But yeah...Bleach. Such an odd name, but I like it anyhow ^^hehe...
yeah bleach is a wierd name but it has kinda grow on me so now i think is ok
the name is because of ichigos hair.
people thought he bleached his hair and picked on him
thus the name is bleach(wierd reason if you ask me)
I like the name tho
Its called bleach cause of his hair, even if you dont bleach your hair sometimes people refer to anothers hair color as bleach blonde or whatever... and if you have ever truly bleached your hair you will know that it does not come out blonde, it comes out bright orange...