Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Warming
Well maybe but I would assume that it will just get hotter... and you would think that hurricanes were a sign of global warming but how many of those have we have in the last two years. The year before that was bad of course...
Isn't the polarcaps melting enough of a sign? Does your backyard really have to get a few degrees hotter than last year?
geyter Wrote:Isn't the polarcaps melting enough of a sign? Does your backyard really have to get a few degrees hotter than last year?
I know the polar ice caps are melting and I believe in global warming... Im just wondering when it will affect our personal lives...
Dunno, there probably have been some studies on it but i'm to tired too look em up right now. And besides when it really affects us in real life would probably be a sign that it is too late too turn it back around...
You know, this thread is really freaking me out. Polar caps melting, natural resources running out, starvation, overpopulation, fishing! (we are fishing at a 120% capacity of the seas, so every year fish population dwindles...), lumber, kyoto, reaching 9 billion in a few years (the maximum peak the earth can take), ...
It really boggles the mind. Especially when you are just a student. I mean, why the hell am i doing all this studying for? The earth will be completely different in a few decades anyway...

The only thing that is slightly reassuring is the human ability to adapt.
Even if we do adapt, it would still take many percents of our population. Adaptation doesn't always happen over night you know.
I think, to a certain extent, global warming is already influencing our day-to-day lives.

The climate is already noticably changing. If you live anywhere prone to severe weather, it's already starting to kick up a notch. Ocean currents are changing, wildlife patterns are changing, plant growth is changing.

Some places are already suffering from problems with crops and livestock as their climate changes.

I'm still wondering if you guys are thinking that we're not personally affected until the icecaps melt into our backyards.
Draik Wrote:You know what it is, you know what they say, no, it's up to you to state your opinion.

Couple of questions:
Does Global Warming exist?
Who's to blame?
What should we do?

And your whole take of the matter.

No !

No One !

Nothing !

Because I remember that
sometime in the 80's they
were worried about Global
Cooling !
Zodiac Wrote:
Draik Wrote:You know what it is, you know what they say, no, it's up to you to state your opinion.

Couple of questions:
Does Global Warming exist?
Who's to blame?
What should we do?

And your whole take of the matter.

No !

No One !

Nothing !

Because I remember that
sometime in the 80's they
were worried about Global
Cooling !

I agree.
Does Global Warming exist? NO
Who's to blame? Cyclical patterns of the earth and sun that have existed as long as they have. Solar activity.
What should we do? Nothing

And your whole take of the matter. I definitely believe in doing something about pollution because it is bad for all of us, but I don't think it is doing the stuff they are saying and if it is doing some it is China that is doing that not the US, because we actually try to control our pollution and they don't.
Since I believe that the current and historical climate changes are driven by the sun, there is nothing we can do. In fact warmer temps have historically been more productive than cooling periods. We are not going to grow much crops if we have an ice age.
I think the whole thing is a scare tactic used to economic and political gain. If you don't believe me check out how much companies make promoting the belief in global warming.
:thumbdown:
Zodiac Wrote::thumbdown:

Confusedet4_baffled: