Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science vs Religion
the reason i chose the path of atheism is mainly because of the way religion works nowadays,well how its always worked.
there is not proof that god exists but then again theres no proof he doesnt so i cant say anything or it makes me the same as the religious people i so despise....*hiss*
but saying u think all of them are stupid is really closed minded of u
What? You said that you believed in god and then at the end it changed into

Tonguelus if there was a god why wouldnt he show himself to us like he did in the bible days...
Useless Wrote:the reason i chose the path of atheism is mainly because of the way religion works nowadays,well how its always worked.
there is not proof that god exists but then again theres no proof he doesnt so i cant say anything or it makes me the same as the religious people i so despise....*hiss*
but saying u think all of them are stupid is really closed minded of u

That's like saying I don't bake cookies anymore because the bakery across the street makes crappy gingerbread men.

If you don't have the mental capacity to realize that a god exists (if he does), then you don't regardless of what the truth is, it's like being blind, and having a chair in front of you; you just wouldn't know that it was there because you couldn't.
i mean i dont accept religion because of the way it justifies the way people act and i guess i didnt say that but that is one of the reasons i am now atheist and if u havent noticed in all my posts relating to god i say that i have no proof that he doesnt exist so i in fact do have the mental capacity as does every1 w/o a serious mental condition
if its true then its info and every1 can handle that...
i realize ur not calling me stupid and this sounds defensive on my part but it just sounds that way
I never said I believed in god, I said I was agnostic...
Anyway, if there is a god and a heaven and hell, we are all screwed...
I don't believe in god. Or Allah or whatever you wanna call him.
For the same reason i don't believe in Zeus or Vishnu or Wodan.
Because they are stories made up by people thousands of years ago. If they invent a time machine that can make us go back and show that Ares actually did fight Persipolea, or that god made abraham kill his kids for that matter, i'll gladly convert.
That said i do believe in higher mental powers but i don't know if they are god based or human based. I know a medium who's the real deal. She can find anything anywhere. (we always go when we lose keys or cellphones)
I myself am an agnostic, I would like to believe in both creationism and evolution at the same time. However I hate the iddea of heaven, it is all just a scare tactic, I mean what would be the point of living this life just for the idea of living in harmony after death, how meaningless is that?! Living life for death is so stupid and that is what I don't like most about it. Evolution is pretty much a proven thing, I mean you survive to pass on your strengths to your offspring, that is what I prefer about evolution is the fact that we should live and die for our future.
excel-kleinwald Wrote:However I hate the iddea of heaven, it is all just a scare tactic, I mean what would be the point of living this life just for the idea of living in harmony after death, how meaningless is that?!
thats a good point....whos to say heaven exists? so if it doesnt and u lived your life w/o indulging or overindulging in one of lifes few pleasures than u just wasted a generation of growth and passed that on to ur family who will have a chance of following in suit...live life for today is what it life should be about but the human brain is over analytical and assumes that creating a new generation isnt enough of a reason to live... as if being perfect all ur life just possibly have the chance to live in heaven which might not even exist
plus whos to say beliefs or the rules of heaven werent miscommunicated through out the years and u need to act a different way to get to heaven....just too many what ifs which is why there needs to be something to back up the thought of heaven not just belief....
ive done enough rambling for now
geyter Wrote:I don't believe in god. Or Allah or whatever you wanna call him.
Because they are stories made up by people thousands of years ago. If they invent a time machine that can make us go back and show that Ares actually did fight Persipolea, or that god made abraham kill his kids for that matter, i'll gladly convert.

The difference bewteen god and zues though is that millions of people of that time clame to have seen miracles and junk. Zues was just created by roman weirdos...:grin:
MangaAddict Wrote:
geyter Wrote:I don't believe in god. Or Allah or whatever you wanna call him.

The difference bewteen god and zues though is that millions of people of that time clame to have seen miracles and junk. Zues was just created by roman weirdos...:grin:
well mythology and religion are spawned from the same idea so u cant really say that but no one has the ability to disprove any religion so thats another reason why u cant trust religion...
which one is right?
a question u wont know the answer to until ur dead and then by that time it wont matter