Remove Ads

Poll: Is Gay Marriage Okay?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
58.82%
10 58.82%
No
41.18%
7 41.18%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Marriage
MangaAddict Wrote:I think its legal in britian cause some famous singer got married there.  Knowing America though, this will be the last place marriage will become legal cause religious groups and republicans are the majority...

Was it Elton John? i know he is gay but i dont know if got married or not and if he did if it happened in britain
Yeah it is elton john, he got married a year ago or something...
im totally for it. im still independent though, i just ...happen to have the same opinions as my parents. XD
i know a whole lot of gay peeps, and not one of them is 'evil' or 'perverted' and i think its something that should be left for each individual to decide, just like abortion. they say this is a free country, but look what theyre doing!
^^ The US isnt very free anymore, other countries seem to have better rights then us... US politicians and religious groups rule the ountry and make it more and more difficult for minioritie to achieve equal status...
I'm for gay marriage because it is not a choice that the two men or women get to decide. Most people think that it is a decision but it has been scientifically proven that gay people have something different that makes them gay. (I think it is brain wavelengths or something >.<) So it is not their fault for being what they are and they should not be punished for it.
There was some evangelical guy who had gay thoughts and decided to cleanse himself or whatever through religious therapy... does anyone think this is possible??
B!NG0 Wrote:I'm for gay marriage because it is not a choice that the two men or women get to decide. Most people think that it is a decision but it has been scientifically proven that gay people have something different that makes them gay. (I think it is brain wavelengths or something >.<) So it is not their fault for being what they are and they should not be punished for it.

I know that this isn't the smartest thing to do but I believe that homosexuality is a choice.  I mean you can't prove something like this unless you were to look at every single human brain in the world and separate them due to their sexual preferences.  Just because something is similar doesn't mean that it is always going to be the same.  And with something as complex as the human brain you cannot understand everything about it.  You can believe a lot of things but it doesn't make it true.  You could believe what Sigmund Freud says that all human beings are born bisexual and then grow into either one or the other or stay the same as they grow.

It is my belief that nobody is born with a sexual preference, and it is our experiences and what we are exposed to as children that forge and mold us into what we are as adults.  That is why I believe it is a choice is because we as human beings have th e power to do nearly anything we want as long as we have the willpower.  I may be straight now but for some reason I could decide to be gay and start having sexual relations with men and start to like male intercourse instead of female.

Edit: to MA: It can work if you believe it can work Wink
I disagree excel, a pshycologist or whatever did a long term experiment on children where she raised them to act like the opposite sex. More then half of them turned out straight anyway. I dont remember where this was done but I remember seeing it on the news a few years ago because it caused legal issues (go figure!)... Also, children of strict christian upbringing who dislike gays sometimes grow up to be gay. So in otherwords I dont think experiences make people chose a sexual preference, I think we are born with one...
MangaAddict Wrote:There was some evangelical guy who had gay thoughts and decided to cleanse himself or whatever through religious therapy... does anyone think this is possible??  

Of course that's possible, they have been doing it for millenia. As long as you pressure a person's mind hard enough you can get them to do anything. You really think suicide bombers start out so differently from the rest of us? As long as you hammer on enough about faith and religion, or use shocktherapy or psychological games, you can get a human to do anything, to dislike anything or even to get turned on by anything.
The human brain is so easily manipulated it is immensely scary. Look at genocide for example, humans do not do this kinda stuff naturally. But if they are pressured or manipulated enough, you can get them to destroy entire cultures.
So yes you can do the 'therapy' and yes you will never be tempted to go gay. But you will suffer immesurable damage, never be able to function properly and allways be unhappy. But hey, those types of evangelical people are naturally unhappy and not able to function so whatever.
MangaAddict Wrote:I disagree excel, a pshycologist or whatever did a long term experiment on children where she raised them to act like the opposite sex.  More then half of them turned out straight anyway.  I dont remember where this was done but I remember seeing it on the news a few years ago because it caused legal issues (go figure!)... Also, children of strict christian upbringing who dislike gays sometimes grow up to be gay.  So in otherwords I dont think experiences make people chose a sexual preference, I think we are born with one...

Okay first of all... I don't like the fact that she experimented with children's lives... secondly, I said that life experiences affect how they turn out, now that is not to say that just because raising them one way will always have the same effect on everybody. Besides one thing will not have a total affect either, it might not have just been because of the fact that she raised them as the opposite sex but all of the minor details can take place as well.

Oh and for debates I suggest people post the links of where they got this information, just copy and paste the URL on here so that we can all read the same information for the sake of the argument.