Remove Ads

Poll: Should GB be in charge of the nation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
11.76%
2 11.76%
No
88.24%
15 88.24%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President George Bush
Draik Wrote:The Dick thing was a joke...And I'll be honest, i am not American and I have a very poor knowledge base of....*falls down laughing*, ok, ok, so modesty is not for me. No but seriously, forget the exact cases, of a screwup of someone here or there, let's talk general. All in all, America is hated now, because of it's reputation, which is mostly due to Bush. In truth America, is, or rather was, once a great country. The reknown speakers, and leaders that America produces is indeed famous. And it is sad to see the state of current affairs of a once great country.

Here's the main point, and here's what it boild down to. Bush is not deserving of being president, and someone else would be more suited for the job. On the whole, he's done almost nothing useful (and i mean something that an average person wouldn't be able to do; unfortunately, he's just an average person, and nothing more), and on top of that he's made a lot of mistakes, and has destroyed the integrity, and democracy, that is the foundation of America. Maybe I am being a little too harsh in saying this, since it's also his gourvenment as a whole that was somewhat irresponsible, but if he can get credit for his campaigns that weren't his ideas, then he should get the heat of his team.

So what has he done that is good? Tell me?

I'll tell you wha the did wrong that shifted the balance of him being a neutral president, to a terrible one.

-War on Iraq, and everything that goes with it (the irresponisbility of not thinking it out properly, the stuborness, etc...you've heard it all before)

-The fact he did nothing good for the country.

-The way he's completely irresponisble in many ways like handling Katrina. The scandals, the way he handled terrorists etc... (and this includes the big messes made by his gouvernment

-The way he sank the reputation of the country with his stupid grin, and monkey like reputation

-The fact he really did nothing good.

Can someone please tell me what he did that was good? And also adress my points, which were made seriously this time. You don't have to be for Bush if you give some examples of what he did that was good. I just want to see where exactly Geroge Bush mesures on the scale.
He wants to make the national language english... thats all I can think of...
George Bush has had a 1.35 trillion dollar tax cut.

He started a program to equate all children's educational oppurtunities without any influence of the child's financial status: No Child Left Behind

He helpeed to negotiate the shut down of North Korea's nuclear reactors.

Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana because of Katrina yet this did not get FEMA and DHS to get off their butts and do anything as is proper protocol for such a disaster.

During his presidential reign the DOW industrial average has been setting record highs as well as the GDP experienceing healthy growth.

His invasion of Iraq has lead to the capture, and subsequentally, the death of Saddam Hussein.

Oh and there was an assassination attempt when he visited the country of Georgia and a hand grenade was thrown at them... it didn't go off.
excel-kleinwald Wrote:George Bush has had a 1.35 trillion dollar tax cut.

He started a program to equate all children's educational oppurtunities without any influence of the child's financial status:  No Child Left Behind

Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana because of Katrina yet this did not get FEMA and DHS to get off their butts and do anything as is proper protocol for such a disaster.

During his presidential reign the DOW industrial average has been setting record highs as well as the GDP experienceing healthy growth.

His invasion of Iraq has lead to the capture, and subsequentally, the death of Saddam Hussein.

Oh and there was an assassination attempt when he visited the country of Georgia and a hand grenade was thrown at them... it didn't go off.

Tax cut, who cares have you seen gas prices??
I did a report on No Child Left Behind, it helps some but screws many dont get me started on it unless you make a new thread...
I dont know anything about the nuclear reactors except it was a combo of many nations at the un and their sanctions as well as chinese help...
If Bush is a good leader he should have gotten fema off their asses...
And Saddam Hussein, honestly I dont know much about that so I guess I can hand that to bush.
And the DOW, I dont have a clue about that but isnt it an international thing?
MangaAddict Wrote:
excel-kleinwald Wrote:George Bush has had a 1.35 trillion dollar tax cut.

He started a program to equate all children's educational oppurtunities without any influence of the child's financial status:  No Child Left Behind

Tax cut, who cares have you seen gas prices??
I did a report on No Child Left Behind, it helps some but screws many dont get me started on it unless you make a new thread...
I dont know anything about the nuclear reactors except it was a combo of many nations at the un and their sanctions as well as chinese help...
If Bush is a good leader he should have gotten fema off their asses...
And Saddam Hussein, honestly I dont know much about that so I guess I can hand that to bush.
And the DOW, I dont have a clue about that but isnt it an international thing?

Alright, then, first:  that isn't an argument on the taxes, if anything that is just changing the subject, heh.

Child Left Behind:  The intention to help was there, I never said it worked I was just saying that he was trying to help.

Nuclear reactors: Yes it was a combo effort but he helped Tongue.

You can't really just say if he was a good leader he should have done such and such.  He actually urged them to do something, it isn't his fault that FEMA slacked off on this one.

Yay one admitted for the Bush team! Yay for the death of a dictator!

And finally, I was just saying what was good while he is in office not that he has a direct influence on these.

Edit/PS: This is fun! Big Grin
you say he was 'trying to help', and he 'helped' and 'it wasnt his fault' well, hes the president of the united states, and in my humble opinion, those arent good enough. he is in one of the most powerful poitions in the world, he should have done much better than just 'help'.that kind of mediocrity(sorry, i think i spelled it wrong) shouldnt be acceptable for the people of the US . . . . and hes a baka
and this IS fun! ^^
Everyone says "He is the president of the US" or "He is one of the most powerful men in the world" but you all have probably no idea what it is like to be president of the US, how hard it is, the pressure it puts him under, if it was so easy for him to "do better" then why didn't you help? Because you can't, and you really have about no right to tell him to do better when you really have no idea what the inner workings of his job are like.
Deidara_loves_Lavi Wrote:you say he was 'trying to help', and he 'helped' and 'it wasnt his fault' well, hes the president of the united states, and in my humble opinion, those arent good enough. he is in one of the most powerful poitions in the world, he should have done much better than just 'help'.that kind of mediocrity(sorry, i think i spelled it wrong) shouldnt be acceptable for the people of the US . . . . and hes a baka
and this IS fun! ^^

I agree here, the no child left behind policy was crap. It slowed down the smart people for what? The losers, that end up losers anyway? This is why Bush won; he captures the hearts of Americans, but never makes smart moves.

And I think that as a president, he needs to be able to make the cuts, and call the shots properly. Just having a good intention in mind isn't enough. He's the president, one out of the entire american population of more than 300 million, he needs to be more than just your average guy. I have stated before that it is incredible, I repeat INCREDIBLE, what Bush has done with his capabilities. Running the country is hard, and it's true that Anerica has never had so many problems as it does now (mainly because of Bush). Luckily, he didn't destroy the world; all he did was run his country into the ground.

For all the time he's been in office, that's what you have to show. Honestly, he you're giving him credit for something that didn't even succeed, that alone shows how desperate you have to be to find good examples of Bush's work.
Aw, he's not that bad. Remember, he did inspire some of the greatest comedy in the last 8 years or so.

And yes i agree with the statement that the president should be some sort of superhuman freak. I've never understood why people always vote for the 'normal' or 'average' guy, why would you want a guy like that to run the country? Just because you can relate to him? I would much prefer a brilliant person i could never understand to run the country i am living in.
That said, i live in a monarchy and that is even worse. The entire royalty is made out of complete idiots, and all they do is cost the taxpayers an enormous amount of money. It's like having a Bush elected for life...
excel-kleinwald Wrote:Everyone says "He is the president of the US" or "He is one of the most powerful men in the world" but you all have probably no idea what it is like to be president of the US, how hard it is, the pressure it puts him under, if it was so easy for him to "do better" then why didn't you help?  Because you can't, and you really have about no right to tell him to do better when you really have no idea what the inner workings of his job are like.

Why do you think people voted for him. We expected him to do a good job and take care of the people. I dont give a damn how hard it is, he wanted the job, he gained peoples trust and now hes screwing us. I just dont understand with the amount of corruption in this administration and the fact that he really has not done much for the american people as well as other countries, how you could defend him so much. Like I said before you grew up in a republican household (no fault against you) and because of your parents ideologies you defend any republican regardless of how shitty a job they do. And no one give me "well bush is a good person," Jimmy Carter was a good person but he was a terrible politician...