Pages (21): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

The current Plot ideas.
Arctic

Group: Manga Group
RE: The current Plot ideas.

It's not called insulting, it's called criticism.

and that was nothing compared to the criticism some graphics boards give.

If you can't handle criticism at ALL, then i suggest you resign, because right now I'm not the one who is rejecting all criticism, YOU ARE.

Good points of your story were that it was innovative, and would fit the alternate universe setting perfectly.

Anyway, calm down.

We can incorporate elements of your story into it, but if you keep acting up and flaming me, I don't think i'd like to work with you. I'll post the revised version later

@Sparks - that is what i intend to do. And have General Lionel rebel, and get put down by phoenix, then he realizes all this time the Alcyona empire was twisted and the King an evil bastard.

@Geyter - Nah, i can simplify it enough to have something like berserk/claymore.

Also, the two weapons thing - he can summon then so it doesnt matter, in Beet the Vandel Buster Beet uses 5 weapons.

he can summon a spear when he needs strength and range and a sword when speed is necessary.

And if we decide to give him a steed, he'll be using the spear.

(side note, i can't draw horses.)

Yes, I made these myself. No downloaded brushes.

This post was last modified: 06-11-2007 02:44 AM by Arctic.

06-11-2007 02:37 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
geyter

haha, what a cool side note

06-11-2007 02:57 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
CrazyBleachFan
Posting Freak

There are two types of criticism. You obviously only know the negative one. The only who has been flaming people is you with your last posts. It is barely criticism when you say it is unmangish and corny. Like I said earlier, say the criticism and on how it could be better or be quiet, that's really the bottom line, I don't think anyone would disagree.

As for the two weapon thing it's a little farfetched for the hero to have a complete mastery over two different weapons like that (Sword and spear are relatively different styles of weapons). If we are using Geyter's beginning with the kid (which I recommend), we could have him slowly work through the book and develope those two. Possibly the book is divided into sections, hand to hand, sword, spear, bow/arrow and all. Maybe we have the main character start out by learning the sword (by his own intiative or maybe circumstances) and they go to a point where he has to learn a new style to defeat his opponent.

Itachi Uchiha: Suzaku, the Vermilion Bird
Remember the chapter! Naruto 363...The worst chapter ever written.
06-11-2007 03:04 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
geyter

Yeah, we could start out by him learning sword and fighting techniques and then having him find a ancient spear of somekind. Or relic/artifact whatever you wanna call it.
And if we base the moves/magic on the weapon, we could give the spear a different kind of element. Then it would make sense why he would wanna master different kind of weapons because of the whole elements are weak against other elements thing. If we combine this with the equipping magic we could make him an all round elementalist and have him find a weapon every 3 or 4 arcs. Kinda like the avatar thing you know, he would be one of the few who could master different kinds for some reason (this is gonna take a lot of rewriting :D)

06-11-2007 03:14 AM
CrazyBleachFan
Posting Freak

Hmm... possibly, but idk having stumble around the world and finding a weapon every arc would get monotonous, but definitely for a first and second time thing possibly, but I think we would need to find another method for him getting these new weapons/styles.

Have every weapon have a element attached to it, like sword=lightning possibly? What if, like the avatar kinda, but what if he can change the element to his mastered weapon, like turn a sword=lightning to sword=water to counter other swords. Other characters could also do this, but he could do it with every element.

Or else we could have him be the only one who could master every weapon known. Its quite a quandry.

06-11-2007 03:19 AM
geyter

Well of course not every arc. that would be stupid. just, you know. When you don't see it coming or when it is absolutely necessairy for the story to continue.

Haha, i don't get the substitution element thing. (confused)

I do like mastering weapons... Could give us quite a few fighting styles.

You know as long as its done good and clever, and not too godlike i think a little magic couldn't hurt. And every frontman needs some kinda talent, so mastering could be just that. It would be kinda cool to create some unexpected weapon/magic types or moves. sounds fun to me.

06-11-2007 03:32 AM
CrazyBleachFan
Posting Freak

Well its like this I guess lol...

Every weapon has it own element.

sword=lightning

bow/arrow=wind

spear=water I guess for now.

And mastering the element of a specific weapon lets you get an advantage on your opponent (possibly using a little elemental magic), but we have the main character be able to change the element within weapons so he could do this:

sword becomes fire

bow/arrow becomes lightning

spear becomes earth

It was a random idea lol, but yeah I think we need to add a little magic or whatever you wish to call it, into the story. Perhaps having the weapons have elements we could have fighters having their own unique elemental attacks/combos/support maybe

06-11-2007 03:43 AM
geyter

(oh i get it now, that would be pretty original but then it would take some of the logic away for mastering different types of weapons...)

that was kinda the point of me using elements, so everybody could have their own personal magic/moves and the bookowner would have em all.

ah well, let's hear from arctic. (hey is that from arctic monkeys, cause that would make it kinda cool...)

06-11-2007 03:49 AM
Sparks
Manga leader|| i don't need 5000 posts.

Group: Moderators

The element thing sounds good, but i think keeping different weapons as the same element UNLESS that weapon is able to change element, say he could unlock Poseidons Spear (sp) and it's water the effect, to manipulate the water particles in air and condense them to make a mist, hence blurring the enemies vision. just an idea.

then there could be something like Balthazars axe, fire type. maybe this could be the first weapon he finds, it could have a history of being a mighty warriors Axe, and it was forged at the core of the planet and seems to be at a constant 100 degree celsius. allowing it too be able to cut through most metals and materials. he could Obtain it and give it to his Axeman friend or something lke that.

06-11-2007 03:55 AM
CrazyBleachFan
Posting Freak

yeah it was one of those fast thinking ideas, but yeah yours is better. Perhaps, the book's ability to could be this.

Just by itself, it holds the keys to mastering weapons, a stepwise process from basic punches to huge combos (as you put in your first essay), but maybe it also has another ability of everyone the owner defeats, the loser's special attack/ability becomes present in the book, so he could gain from his wins, but there also has to be a downside to it, I just can't think of one.

Also, Sparks that sounds pretty good. I am guessing those two weapons would be of rare quality, perhaps maybe we could have that there are 5 of the most powerful elements in each weapon. What I mean is this:

As Sparks put Balthazor's Axe (lol on an odd note, that is at least the 3rd time in the past 2 days I heard that, not on the forum but in daily life, weird isn't it?), perhaps this could be the greatest flame type axe there is out there, but there are also an all powerful water, lightning, earth, winde, etc. axes out there too.

This is just a thought, but maybe we should put everything in order right now. I mean have we decided on only weapons having the elemental power? or do people able to do it too? For instance, if we did weapons and people having elemental power, what if the legendary weapons, like Balthazor's ax had a prior ability, such as the 100 degree Celsius thing, but also if a person of fire element could create a stronger ability for it maybe.

06-11-2007 04:23 AM
Pages (21): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: