Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction to manga
THIS IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hello, fellow manga-reader. My name is Draik, chances are that you're here because you stumbled onto it by accident, or were reffered to it by someone. You chose right! This is a freindly description of everything manga related, written by yours truly.

What is manga ?
Manga is the japanese equivalent to american comics (although some of them can be korean mangas too). They are usually read from left to right, right to left, from up to down. I know, I know, it doesn't make any sense but here

These are a couple of examples of how manga panels are displayed and how they can be read. A manga is written by a mangaka, an is serialized in a certain magazine that either comes out weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly.

Manga Scans
Great. Now you know what a manga is, but excatly why is it on the internet?

Now this is the great thing about mangas: they have a very supportive coomunity with a wide fan base. A few of these brave admired people that we all respect, take the time and effort to put up scans of their favorite mangas online to share the joy that they experince with other people.

I still buy the original even though I've read online . n.
Same here. It's much more convient when I can read directly from the volume series (toukobon..., is that what they call it?)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not a manga request Blaze 28 2,642 06-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Blaze