Total 15 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results | Edit poll]

Setting Poll
Draik

Group: Uploaders
RE: Setting Poll

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED,
HEAR HEAR:

Trust. You have to trust the people that are organizing the manga.
This manag shouldn't be a manga driven by popular vote by people who don't think about it or just want to see what's cool instead of what the smart thing to do.

The manga should have a group of writers and thinkers that will
organize the story and manga. If you want to stifle their imagination and boundraies, fine. But remember as sure as hell that if you don't let the people do what they want with the manga, then it's like keeping a caged bird. If there is anyone that thikns that what I just wrote is crap, and you're a voter, than let me ask you this: Did you think about which possible scene would be most interesting for the mangakas to draw? Futuristic would be boring with more straight lines, something that should be avoided since there would be different people drawing the same thing and curved lines would be more suited. Or which one would offer the mangakas the most amount of flexibilty and shift of perception?
Futuristic wouldn't have any boundries because of possibly advanced technology. If you haven't have thought of anything this simple, of this nature, THAN WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. And let me remind you that they are the ones that will take responsibility if it fails, so they should have the right to decide.

The manga should be done in a way that there is a group of people responsible for the manga, and who represent One manga, but because it's affiliated with one manga fans of the site should have the right to post ideas and suggestions, should be up to the mangakas to decide.

If anyone here thinks otherwise then contest it now.

This post was last modified: 06-01-2007 11:35 PM by Draik.

06-01-2007 11:34 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Sparks
Manga leader|| i don't need 5000 posts.

Group: Moderators
RE:  Setting Poll

You Seem to be straight up against it all, and all i see is you Contradicting yourself.

Draik Wrote:
Futuristic would be boring with more straight lines

and then you went on to say.

Draik Wrote:
Or which one would offer the mangakas the most amount of flexibilty and shift of perception?
Futuristic wouldn't have any boundries because of possibly advanced technology.

well. i personally think Either Futuristic or Alternate Universe. because both of them Can bring in totally fresh ideas new to both Stories and Manga.

also when you said

Draik Wrote:
And let me remind you that they are the ones that will take responsibility if it fails, so they should have the right to decide.

I asked myself "if someone Put forward there ideas to a group, and they agree in mass that it could be the best option, why, just why is it there responsibility." I think most of us have the sence not to rush things up just cause it's a good idea. If you have a good idea. ask other people for help and build it up, taking out all the crappy parts and adding new Fresh ideas.

and i can say that this may be flushed down the toilet if we don't Handle the setting that was chosen correctly. but then there is also the way of, if we do handle it correctly to follow the feel of the manga straight through.
so that even if we do fail. it is a learning experience. and with learning comes mistakes, so Draik can i ask you. Instead of saying the idea is setting off to a bad start. could you please consider what this is? it's a community wanting to try and make there own Manga, Of course the art more than likely won't be as good as Naruto or Onepiece or any other manga that's made it big. but some Online web comics (which is basically what this is) have had really bad drawings (like Charby the vampire) and then the person who was drawing the comic got better through that experience and learned new skills( even though the comic was popular anyhow.)

and i am sure we can get a group of people together to write a great story.

but negative influences that you brought with you in the few posts that i have read, really don't help people to get up and get to it. it's great for a critique to give advise. but when the critique has nothing to criticise is like shooting a pregnant women and saying " the baby would bring death to the world"(exaggeration =P)

so, draik. how about you and I and the rest of the community let us see what will come out of this "pregnant women"

This post was last modified: 06-02-2007 12:44 AM by Sparks.

06-02-2007 12:42 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Draik

I am sorry you saw it that way...

I know exactly what you guys are trying to do, I've seen it happen. I am not trying to start an argument, or anything, it's just that the process that you guys came up with is going to have more problems than if it were somewhat the way I suggested. All I say was a couple of people that were too eager for something without planning, without thinking.

And where did I contradict myself.

And you're right, if you handle this well it'll pull through. It's just that it's not being handled well.

Inspiring as your speech is about it being a community project, I would like to point out that if it's not the proper community with people that have sense and are interested in the project then it means nothin.

There are two different groups that will be related to the manga, the makers and the readers. I just want to be sure that the makers are well organized and don't have a clear idea of what we're doing and what we want it to be.

I say WE because I want this to succeed. I am here as a part of the One Mana community. As a member that cares. I am not some emotional fool. I am an eager person; when I read the first post I though that this is not going to work, and I didn't give it much thought. But as I began to think about it, I realized that most great things start the same way, and that it's not always the animation that counts. If we had great suggestions, and great minds that had good twists and jokes in mind to add, then we might have a manga richer than gold.

I am not popular here like you are, I am not going to turn this into some kind of power play. I just want this to some to a point where in time there will come a time that we might be able to look upon our screens and smile at the thought that we were part of something great. I wan to make that happen, I want to secure it. And I said what was truly on my mind to get that dream, that will hopefully be more than a dream with hard working people and smart ideas.

So who's with me?

This post was last modified: 06-02-2007 02:00 AM by Draik.

06-02-2007 02:00 AM
Sparks

I never saw my-self popular :s... i was surprised (and Thrilled) that i got picked to be nominated as Project leader.

and yes I too would like the Manga to be a success. and i would want both the team who will be doing this job AND the readers to enjoy the project. to make it fun and exciting, but still keep it on track As A manga, not just a hobby for time-to-time relaxation. Even if i do not become project leader i would still love to help out a put my thoughts accross, as you are doing now. if we all put our ideas together and combine them into a great Grand idea (not negotiate cause then you get rid of a good idea) this will be a success. but for me, if it isn't a success still means i took part in a learning curve, as many non-japanese people have pulled off a manga and kept all the likings of a manga (only one i can think of is Avatar, right now) so it is a challenge not to be taken lightly.

06-02-2007 02:10 AM
Draik

Sparks Wrote:

I never saw my-self popular :s... i was surprised (and Thrilled) that i got picked to be nominated as Project leader.

and yes I too would like the Manga to be a success. and i would want both the team who will be doing this job AND the readers to enjoy the project. to make it fun and exciting, but still keep it on track As A manga, not just a hobby for time-to-time relaxation. Even if i do not become project leader i would still love to help out a put my thoughts accross, as you are doing now. if we all put our ideas together and combine them into a great Grand idea (not negotiate cause then you get rid of a good idea) this will be a success. but for me, if it isn't a success still means i took part in a learning curve, as many non-japanese people have pulled off a manga and kept all the likings of a manga (only one i can think of is Avatar, right now) so it is a challenge not to be taken lightly.

My thoughts exactly. Though I am little unclear on the negotiating part (not too sure what you meant).

And you really are being modest here, you have no opposition. As far as I am concerned, and so are a lot of other people, you're already the leader.

06-02-2007 02:16 AM
Sparks

i mean when you negotiate you replace one bit with another or say have half of one idea and half of another, but if both ideas are good and go together why should you negotiate which one is better, and not just put them together (when it's approopiate)

and me being the leader? i want a fair poll for the leader vote. also io am just putting my ideas forward.

06-02-2007 02:28 AM
Draik

I see about the negotiation thing...

Sure, but the problem is that there is no one else. It's either you or Arctic.

06-02-2007 02:36 AM
Sparks

I think i'll PM arctic to atleast reply to the leader thing and such.

06-02-2007 02:37 AM
geyter

Group: Manga Group

excel-kleinwald Wrote:

You know, there is nothing wrong with posting your idea, but I think that we would like some feedback as to WHY you choose Alternate Universe guys, I mean if we just wanted to know what you picked we could just look at the poll ;).

Oh, sorry about that. Thought i just had to vote...
I picked AU for the simple reason of creative freedom and the fact that i don't like space. It's creepy. And I get annoyed at manga or comics set in the here and now, especially the Batman/Daredevil thing where normal people do way to crazy stuff. I mean in Rave or OP a normal human being can be shot or can lift a building or whatever and nobody thinks anything weird of it because it's an AU. Much easier for character development, easier for mangakas who don't have to draw real buildings or city's. And no useless explaining. Nobody told me why in the world of Ares people can catch arrows, i just accept it and allow the manga to kick ass...

And about a story in this setting I've been thinking (for the last 1.5 minutes while i was writing the previous) about a simple little story that can be adjusted in any way:
A handsome tall muscled magician/swordsman/ninja/samurai/elemental user/ monster halfbreed (to be voted upon --> let's call him 1. less typing) travels to an isolated island because he seeks to perfect his magic/swordsmanship/ninjitsu... This island is rumoured to hold a legendary relic (magic scroll, sword, mark of power (i'm thinking a tattoo of somekind, and if we decide to have multiple levels his level 2 could spread the tattoo over his arm and face and hair supersayan style) or whatever you guys decide. But the island is closed for outsiders except for traders.
He's the evil guy in case you hadn't noticed.
The main character is the young skinny/fat/short/tall son of the merchant visiting the island on business. He has never fought a battle in his life (or cast a spell, yadayada).
1. breaks in to the island, asks the chieftain for the relic this gets refused and an allmighty battle takes place. The islanders have superiour whatever you vote the relic gives them but have no combat experience and a lot less talent than our mister 1. He slaughters them with the worst backstabbing techniques we can think of. (fun!) And tries to kill the main boy by throwing him off a cliff/in a well/... but the boy is saved because he had the instinct to grab a knife from 1 and stick it in the rock wall/gets lucky and his foot snares on the wellrope/...
1. searches the island for the artifact, finds none and gets a bit cranky. Boy wakes up woozy, finds his murdered father and crawls up besides him. Then he hears a voice. It's the elder who is using his dying voice. He thinks the boy's his grandson and shares the secret of the artifact (passes on tattoo, gives password for the appearance of magic chest, tells location of sword and scabbard, ...) Angry 1. bursts out the temple/house/dojo/... hurls magic/explosives/... after our hero who's escaping with horse/cariage/car/magic freaking carpet (i dont know)/... and accidently blows up the only bridge leading to the island. Kid is battered and falls into forest region, passes out for a few days. When he tries to go back home he sees his wanted face on a couple of posters with quite a price on them.
1. is corrupted official/subleader of corrupt governement/mobster with connections/...
Kid is outlawed, needs to grow up fast, needs namakas, needs money, and needs to learn to use the relic. Up to us to show him how, right?

Okay maybe this was a lotta typing for nothing. I just meant, take a simple background story + vote on all elements witch matter + choose appearance/style/personality + get a little revenge going = a good start.
And like this everybody can contribute a namaka, or a weapon, a style, a magic, a relic, a whatever. And since it's AU we can use this template for a lot of your ideas, like yonalings for example. Our kid could have an arc in witch they are forced to gladiate and meet his beloved Cross.
Since it's so basic, everybody can contribute.

Of course i have an entire story in my head and know wich relic and style i wanna use by now that i've typed this (about 6 minutes i guess). But i won't bore you with that.

06-02-2007 06:48 AM
geyter

Group: Manga Group

oh sorry, didn't see you had to applicate for a position. Too lazy too read fine print, heh.

06-02-2007 07:14 AM
Pages (3): « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: