Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access Forbidden
maybe we should overload this site too.
Greg Wrote:Sorry guys. We hit my server too hard. I'm going to need to figure out a more powerful hosting account.

Thanks for the heads up. I figured the share volume of people online would result in taking the site down. Thanks for your hard work.
Greg Wrote:Sorry guys. We hit my server too hard. I'm going to need to figure out a more powerful hosting account.
You better be prepared for the storm on Wednesday Tongue

Oops the thought the post would be merged into one post.
So, the short version of the story is that OMF members are too awesome for the Internet to handle, so whenever we gather into one place, the Internet explodes?

I can live with that!

On a slightly more serious note: good luck with the server checks. It was certainly a very encouraging sign to see how adaptable the OMF members were to settling into a new forum and I have no doubt that's because of the hard work the moderators and Greg have been putting in. This is a good community. I don't think many fandoms have this kind of rapport among all the members, let alone between the members and moderators/site owners.

I'm proud of this community's ability to respond to adversity. When the reader went down two years ago, we retained more users than I thought we would, and they stayed long term in a number of cases. Then we were forced to move to a new home, 350+ members found it and registered within the first 48 hours. Over 15K posts were made, and we crashed the server.

It sometimes amazes me how dedicated this group is. Couldn't be happier to be a part of it.
Scorpion2k4u Wrote:
Lumi Wrote:
peleihno Wrote:I was about to hit 200 posts!
And I was about to hit 10 posts.. Sad

well nothing is lost, so we can pick up where we left off once Greg found a better server.

I only created 10 or so threads, Pele has more threads than me >_>. I was however on my way to 400 posts and that probably contributed nothing to the server's downfall >_> God I hope I remain the number 1 to join after the serve change :mad:
wingman32x Wrote:I'm proud of this community's ability to respond to adversity. When the reader went down two years ago, we retained more users than I thought we would, and they stayed long term in a number of cases. Then we were forced to move to a new home, 350+ members found it and registered within the first 48 hours. Over 15K posts were made, and we crashed the server.

It sometimes amazes me how dedicated this group is. Couldn't be happier to be a part of it.

I couldn't have said it better. OMF imo has the best community on the internet.

By the time I went to bed last night we were at 400+ members.:thumbup:
wingman32x Wrote:I'm proud of this community's ability to respond to adversity. When the reader went down two years ago, we retained more users than I thought we would, and they stayed long term in a number of cases. Then we were forced to move to a new home, 350+ members found it and registered within the first 48 hours. Over 15K posts were made, and we crashed the server.

Yeah, the community here is great. It´s a lot of fun. 15K posts in 48 hours is a lot. I was surprised when i saw some members having 200 posts already, in such a short time.
ANewLight Wrote:

I couldn't have said it better. OMF imo has the best community on the internet.

By the time I went to bed last night we were at 400+ members.:thumbup:

That is amazing, OMF truly is the best Smile
strawhats Wrote:
Scorpion2k4u Wrote:
Lumi Wrote:
peleihno Wrote:I was about to hit 200 posts!
And I was about to hit 10 posts.. Sad

well nothing is lost, so we can pick up where we left off once Greg found a better server.

I only created 10 or so threads, Pele has more threads than me >_>. I was however on my way to 400 posts and that probably contributed nothing to the server's downfall >_> God I hope I remain the number 1 to join after the serve change :mad:

How are you close to 400 posts already lol?