Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One piece 692
YyAoMmIi Wrote:I'm pretty sure he is not affected by the smoke in the first place. Gas doesn't affect non living, just like how the sleeping gas that took everyone on the ship was out didn't affect him.
Hmm, that's quite possible too.
Ajh77 Wrote:What was the purpose of absorbing Shinokuni if he was only going to cry and beg for Luffy not to harm him?  Ah, it was all so we could see Luffy's big "new" attack.  Because Luffy's attack is far more important than a likable, competent boss for this arc.  Mhm.
Why do villains have to be likable, again? I thought they were supposed to be...
...you know...

...villains.
Flawfree Princess Wrote:
Ajh77 Wrote:
Flawfree Princess Wrote:
Evangelion[lovr Wrote:2.0]
Flawfree Princess Wrote:Wut overrated/Miss Coquine/Flawfree Princess are all interchangeable adjectives to describe me :hurr:

Though if OM is down for good I'll go back to MQ
Overrated isn't a compliment. lol

Though I never knew that Miss Conquine and Overrated were the same person. I thought overrated was a dude for a while, and you seemed a lot more.... irrational when you had that UN. As Miss C you were still very much a boa fangirl, but you did have rationale.

Anyways Hi!

I always have my moments :hurr:

@Ajh77 CC had tons of moments this arc alone at this point I feel people are just going to complain about everything that doesn't go the way they want it to.

CC absorbing shinokuni was a last desperate attempt that never guaranteed that he would suddenly become a beast. Moria didn't with his shadows why would CC?
Oh, forgive me.  I apologize for having a small problem with something in One Piece.  I remember that I need to love every moment and ignore it's flaws.  Having "tons" of "moments" in this arc doesn't excuse a sloppy ending.

I never said anything about him becoming a beast.  I said he should have been competent.  Crying and begging for Luffy to stop and join him when he had all the time in the world to actually do something is ridiculous.  Luffy could have stomped CC but he surely could have done it in a convincing way as well.  That was just plain ol', "It is time for the arc to end and your time is up.  Become incompetent and take this big attack from Luffy.  K?  Thx."

Oh for fuck sakes don't give me this crap about me of all people having issues with people not liking OP. This is not my issue at all. Stop trying to make me sound like some crazy OP fangirl. You should know better than this.

Your complain still doesn't make much sense considering the last chapters CC was already crying in the previous chapters after being hit by a simply attack by Luffy. So yeah I don't see how him crying for his life to be saved is in anyway out of character for a scientist who has displayed very crazy and erratic behaviour.

K thanks.
I apologize for that.  I am just so use to receiving flack for even the slightest bit of criticism for One Piece that I can get temperamental at times and assume that is what is being implied.  Again, I'm sorry.

The crying isn't the problem.  The 'not putting up a fight' is the problem.  All the other times CC put up a fight and only did his silly faces and crying when Luffy blitzed him/surprised him and got the upper hand.  This time, he let Luffy run down a hall, prep his attack, and launch it without doing a thing.  I fully expected Luffy to be the decisive winner but I'm just disappointed with how it transpired.  As I said earlier, just a minor problem I had.  I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it or anything.

@Zet-  Not likable in the "I feel for this guy and I'm rooting for him" kind of way.  Likable in the "The villainy of this character is done well and I like him for being such a good bad guy" kind of way.

--------

Was Luffy's Haki cracking off after his 'Grizzly Magnum'?  It seems to put quite a strain on him.

Also, I'm not really impressed by Baby 5.  I'm sure she has some way to land her weapon attacks via Seastone/Haki coating but I'm just not seeing her being too much of a threat.  Buffalo's spinning may seem juvenile at first glance, but I think he would actually be quite formidable with some solid Haki.  A huge, rotating Haki guy spinning toward you aiming to slice you into pieces.
Ajh77 Wrote:I apologize for that.  I am just so use to receiving flack for even the slightest bit of criticism for One Piece that I can get temperamental at times and assume that is what is being implied.  Again, I'm sorry.

It's ok. I'm sorry for jumping on you like that too. The tone in my post could have easily been misunderstood.

Ajh77 Wrote:@Zet-  Not likable in the "I feel for this guy and I'm rooting for him" kind of way.  Likable in the "The villainy of this character is done well and I like him for being such a good bad guy" kind of way.
I don't like Caesar, he is a bad guy who isn't even cool. Doflamingo is equally bad, but cool. I like both types of villains. Caesar not being "awesome" doesn't make him bad. I love that One Piece has some "pathetic" villains like Caesar, some "awesome" villains like Akainu and Doflamingo, and some that are in-between, like Blackbeard or Enel.

The only one I dislike as a character is Enel, because I found him annoying. Akainu, Doflamingo, and Caesar I all "like", because I think they're actually all very well-done villains.

Ajh77 Wrote:Was Luffy's Haki cracking off after his 'Grizzly Magnum'?  It seems to put quite a strain on him.
Clicky! No, that's not it. It's that because he punched Caesar, his hands got covered with Shinokuni. That's what's cracking. =)

Ajh77 Wrote:Also, I'm not really impressed by Baby 5.  I'm sure she has some way to land her weapon attacks via Seastone/Haki coating but I'm just not seeing her being too much of a threat.  Buffalo's spinning may seem juvenile at first glance, but I think he would actually be quite formidable with some solid Haki.  A huge, rotating Haki guy spinning toward you aiming to slice you into pieces.
Mihawk has only one blade, yet he's quite strong indeed. Shanks has only one blade, as well. Yes, Baby 5 seems silly, but then again so does Luffy. There's nothing to be impressed by since she hasn't shown anything, but I suspect she's very strong indeed. =)
Good chapter I guess... can't wait to see Baby-5..
liked the color page thats about it.
I just liked Baby-5.... so she can turn any part of her body into a weapon O.o

Perfect Assassin.
i love how like last chapter people started realizing that franky was afk and now he shows up, oda has got his timing down lol.

am i the only one who thought that thought that sanji and brook would immidiatly go after baby 5 and that she would be forced to give brook her panties and would go out with sanji, thus creating the most hilarious conflict in OP?

that conflict being brook and sanji turning on the SHs and zoro and sanji having a real fight lol and then brook and sanji eventually being 1 shot by nami.
Flawfree Princess Wrote:It's ok. I'm sorry for jumping on you like that too. The tone in my post could have easily been misunderstood.
Glad we worked that out. <3

zetruz Wrote:I don't like Caesar, he is a bad guy who isn't even cool. Doflamingo is equally bad, but cool. I like both types of villains. Caesar not being "awesome" doesn't make him bad. I love that One Piece has some "pathetic" villains like Caesar, some "awesome" villains like Akainu and Doflamingo, and some that are in-between, like Blackbeard or Enel.

The only one I dislike as a character is Enel, because I found him annoying. Akainu, Doflamingo, and Caesar I all "like", because I think they're actually all very well-done villains.
I enjoy the variation as well.  Who was the last opponent Luffy faced that had some kind of similarity to Caesar and his personality/mannerisms?  Most of Luffy's opponents have been the serious and/or cunning type so CC was a decent break from that.  

Someone who dislikes Enel?!  How have you survived here(well, the old forums) for so long?!  Enel was okay for me.  Nothing I would become a fan over but not lacking enough for me to be displeased with his presence.

Quote:Clicky! No, that's not it. It's that because he punched Caesar, his hands got covered with Shinokuni. That's what's cracking. =)
Ah, it seems you're right.  

Luffy is sweating a bit after the attack though.  Perhaps, it is a hint at him having still not completely mastered his fruit yet?  That should be a given though considering Luffy still has a ways to go before he reaches that top echelon of pirates.

Quote:Mihawk has only one blade, yet he's quite strong indeed. Shanks has only one blade, as well. Yes, Baby 5 seems silly, but then again so does Luffy. There's nothing to be impressed by since she hasn't shown anything, but I suspect she's very strong indeed. =)
Well, I wouldn't say silly.  Buffalo covers that all on his lonesome.  It's just that I'm not seeing how she will be too dangerous.  I know she'll be rather strong but I'm not seeing much, potential wise, from her DF that screams, "I'm DD's personal crewmate/assassin and I can really wreck someone"  Maybe my imagination isn't running wild enough....

---------

I'm going to go ahead and say what everyone is thinking regarding the color page.........

Brook is such a gentleman with his drinking etiquette!  Look at the pinky finger!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Piece chapter 698 discussion alekos23 0 1,193 02-06-2013, 03:39 AM
Last Post: alekos23
  One Piece chapter 627 discussion alekos23 4 997 02-01-2013, 03:32 AM
Last Post: alekos23
  One Piece Chapter 693 discussion hakiluffy 2 1,251 12-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Last Post: googliamps
  One Piece parodies Insane Soul 9 1,277 12-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Last Post: detharos
  One Piece: Chapter 669 Discussion strawhats 7 1,206 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Last Post: strawhats
  One Piece Gallery taiga~ 3 925 03-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Last Post: taiga~
  One piece chapter 616 Discussion/617 predictions strawhats 28 4,735 03-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Last Post: taiga~
  If One Piece was turned into a Live-Action movie Blaze 33 4,691 03-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Last Post: peleihno