Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most Overrated/Underrated OP-Characters
Oben Wrote:Nice that you found here, zetruz.
Thank m1hawkgasm, he sent me here. But I didn't want to pay him back, so I didn't type his name in as referrer. Buhahahahaa!

Oben Wrote:I might need to specify my case more: I believe that out of the active pirates the Yonkou hold the greatest strength. This isn't the case for Doflamingo or Mihawk - though I strongly disagree in DD > Big Mam (as you might already know ^^) or any other Yonkou, there is not the slightest indication for it (btw, this isn't connected to your theory of Big Mam working for DD. That could even be the case if he was weaker).
There also isn't any indication that he's weaker than Big Mom, either. It's never ever been said that the Yonkou title is higher than the Shichibukai title. Don't get me wrong, the average Yonkou strength is much higher than the average Shichibukai strength, of course, but the bottom Shichibukai do not define the top Shichibukai.
I think Oda has made a point of showing that titles in One Piece are rather superficial. Jinbe one-shot Moria, and Jinbe is presumably way, way below Mihawk and Doflamingo. So the power gap between Moria and Doflamingo is beyond description. The same goes for Vice Admirals. Imagine Garp in his prime - he was roughly on Roger's level. Compare that to Vergo - or rather, don't. You barely can. Titles are extremely vague.
I would imagine the same goes for the Yonkou title - roughly prime Whitebeard was quite a lot stronger than Big Mom. I mean, old-age Whitebeard was the strongest man in the world. And that was after he had fallen from Roger's level.

So, the Yonkou level is never stated to be above that of the Shichibukai level. From what we have seen, Doflamingo is scarily powerful - think about it; he can control even extremely strong Haki users with a single finger, and he can cut (huge) limbs with the same motion. That's a ridiculously strong ability. The latter - the slicing attack - is an extremely strong attack that is instantaneous and invisible. Doflamingo could cut Big Mom's head off by moving a single finger. That's his ability. What reason do we have to think Big Mom can survive that attack? Nothing but hype. Nothing at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm usually in favor of considering hype because I think Oda does it for a reason, but I disagree that Big Mom's hype is above that of Doflamingo's. And in this case, unless Big Mom is a Logia (which makes it much trickier), Doflamingo is shown to be able to slice her up by moving nothing but his finger. I think Doflamingo is constantly underrated, because people think that his Shichibukai title makes him automatically below the Yonkou (not saying you're doing this).

Oben Wrote:As for Mihawk, we have never seen him active pirating, we don#t even know if he was what we can call a pirate.
Actually, because he is a Shichibukai, he is (or was) by definition a pirate; clicky! The Shichibukai are, or were, all pirates. =)

Messages In This Thread
RE:  The most Overrated/Underrated OP-Characters - by zetruz - 12-12-2012, 06:58 AM