Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most Overrated/Underrated OP-Characters
Mihawk and underrated don't belong in the same sentence.

It's never been portrayed that Mihawk's over Shanks. Lol, stop trolling Shanks.
Strawhats what the hell? Lol I thought you were logical.
I am logical D:

Yonkou title =/= a fighting title
Greatest Swordsman = a fighting title

Mihawk is a swordsman and the greatest at it, AS STATED BY ODA!!!
Shanks is a swordsman

Logic says Mihawk > Shanks, personally I think its Mihawk = Shanks
Yonkou are the four greatest and most powerful pirates in the world. It's a testament of individual strength first, then followed by crew strength and allies. They are the most powerful among pirates. It is a fighting title, if you will.

As for the lovely WGS card and the title argument in general.

Keep in mind what I said about the Yonkou, Garp said they were the most powerful pirates. Mihawk may be a swordsman but he's also a pirate, that is irrefutable. Granted the shichibukai are technically privateers, however, they are considered no more than pirates by the Marines and WG at the end of the day. To the point, Mihawk is a pirate, p-i-r-a-t-e.

Yonkou > all other pirates as stated in canon. That being said, Shanks > Mihawk because he is a pirate and thus falls into the power ranking of pirates. The Yonkou are recognized as superior over all of the aforementioned, thus meaning Mihawk is inferior to Shanks because, you know, TITLES.

L O G I C

[Image: oh_well.gif]

Derp.
Strawhats, did you ever see the parody I posted on this forum?

Kinda funny the Mihawk>Shanks :lmao:
A Yonkou title is not one that can be gained by a one man individual crew, that much has been made obvious. A Yonkou is greatly aided by his crew and allies and there is where influence comes in. Whitebeard wasn't simply feared cause he was a Yonkou, he was feared because he commanded the world's strongest crew and the number of his allies were great in numbers. If he came to the war alone, he wouldn't achieved squat and the Marines wouldn't have dreaded a war with him, what made him truly fearsome was the strength of crew he commanded as well as his powers.

Read on to what Garp says, "The Marines and The Shichibukai exist to counterbalance them" and "Their power is so influential that "Three Powers" become unbalanced, the peace of the world would crumble" Garp is obviously not only speaking of them as individuals but what they are capable of as crews. Unless of course you believe The Marines and The Shichibukai exist to balance the monstrously strong captains without taking the crews into the equation?

Logic says Mihawk > Shanks
For the record, I'm not making this titles argument seriously, sarcasm falls flat on the internet.
strawhats Wrote:[b]A Yonkou title is not one that can be gained by a one man individual crew, that much has been made obvious. [/b]A Yonkou is greatly aided by his crew and allies and there is where influence comes in. Whitebeard wasn't simply feared cause he was a Yonkou, he was feared because he commanded the world's strongest crew and the number of his allies were great in numbers. If he came to the war alone, he wouldn't achieved squat and the Marines wouldn't have dreaded a war with him, what made him truly fearsome was the strength of crew he commanded as well as his powers.

@Bolded: When did I say that?

Any pirate is greatly aided by his crew. There's been no denial to that point. The title of PK is not " gained by a one man individual crew, that much has been made obvious". Roger didn't become Pirate King on his own, that doesn't mean his title isn't a genuine testament of his individual power.Pirate King like Yonkou means a few things. It means immense strength, influence, a powerful crew, powerful allies, well, you get the point.

The core meaning of the Yonkou title is strength above all other pirates aside from other Yonkou, then things get dicy. Obviously their crews come into further down the line, no doubt. There's more to it then just strength, of course.
Quote:Read on to what Garp says, "The Marines and The Shichibukai exist to counterbalance them" and "Their power is so influential that "Three Powers" become unbalanced, the peace of the world would crumble" Garp is obviously not only speaking of them as individuals but what they are capable of as crews. Unless of course you believe The Marines and The Shichibukai exist to balance the monstrously strong captains without taking the crews into the equation?

@bolded: That's called expanding on the concept.

You're ignoring what I said.

Me Wrote:It's a testament of individual strength first, then followed by crew strength and allies.

Obviously, I'm not leaving the crew out of the equation.

Quote:Logic says Mihawk > Shanks
No.

I don't see how the title of WGS surpasses that of a Yonkou.
There is nothing to suggest that a Yonkou is one of the 4 strongest Pirate captains, in fact it more than hints at group power rather than individual. The fact that it takes influence and crew power into the equation means it is no indicator of individual strength and thus would fail when compared to titles of strength. In fact Whitebeard having an individual title of being the world's strongest man pretty much confirms that
Quote:There is nothing to suggest that a Yonkou is one of the 4 strongest Pirate captains

Except it was said by Garp. Seemingly, you're saying he needed to add in that little word "captain", which is just nitpicking of another level.

strawhats Wrote:, in fact it more than hints at group power rather than individual. The fact that it takes influence and crew power into the equation means it is no indicator of individual strength and thus would fail when compared to titles of strength. In fact Whitebeard having an individual title of being the world's strongest man pretty much confirms that

@Bolded: So taking in other factors excuses individual power as the main factor? Or even as a factor? Yes, that's logical.

No, that doesn't confirm anything other than Newgate was top dog.

If you want to see it like that, be my guest. It's blatantly missing the point, but be my guest.
Its not that he didn't add "Captains" but because of what he said that I quoted earlier on.

That's because there is no set power level for the individual captains. To reach the level of a Yonkou, a captain would need a strong crew and a lot of influence, thus you have nothing to factor strength on. Shanks may be stronger than Mihawk but you cant get that from Shanks being a Yonkou, when Mihawk excels in their fighting style.

Ok

What point am I missing?