Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boa Hancock (9th nakama)
Well trauma included she still is a boring and flat character. All the OP cast went through traumas in their past, some more then others sure but still, heck Nami had a very similar experience as Boa actually and she never kicked animals now turned people to stone for hardly any reason. Animal cruelty is something I can just never forgive. At all. And her killing those marines who really did nothing is horrible for a 'good' character.

But when all is said she didnt join, thank god, so all is well in the OP world :3
Kurapika Wrote:Well trauma included she still is a boring and flat character. All the OP cast went through traumas in their past, some more then others sure but still, heck Nami had a very similar experience as Boa actually and she never kicked animals now turned people to stone for hardly any reason. Animal cruelty is something I can just never forgive. At all. And her killing those marines who really did nothing is horrible for a 'good' character.

But when all is said she didnt join, thank god, so all is well in the OP world :3

What about all that animal slaughtering the SHs do? 3:

Good isn't how they sell themselves. It's never been how they sell themselves. Characters in OP have dreams and resolve. Luffy beating people is always symbolic of crushing their convictions. These beliefs can be good or bad, for everyone. A grey morality if you will. The Strawhats aren't the good guys - just the protagonists.
People deal with trauma differently. Nami became a thief and developed her love for money. Not to mention that her situation is not even that similar she was never forced fed a devil fruit and was never physically enslaved for years as was Hancock who at one point simply wanted to die.

I will give you animal cruelty but killing marines who did nothing? Lol is this a serious complaint. She's a pirate the fuck should she care about marines? If you're talking about the ones on the ship she even turned them back after Momonga asked her to. If you're refering to ones at war then that is quite a naive outlook on life. People are going to die at war, and they were against Luffy by her logic they had done something wrong.
Petite Fleur Wrote:What about all that animal slaughtering the SHs do? 3:

Good isn't how they sell themselves. It's never been how they sell themselves. Characters in OP have dreams and resolve. Luffy beating people is always symbolic of crushing their convictions. These beliefs can be good or bad, for everyone. A grey morality if you will. The Strawhats aren't the good guys - just the protagonists.
Well they kill to eat. Thats a bit difference. While hancock was just kicking small animals because she couldnt simply sidestep them.
Kurapika Wrote:
Petite Fleur Wrote:What about all that animal slaughtering the SHs do? 3:

Well they kill to eat. Thats a bit difference. While hancock was just kicking small animals because she couldnt simply sidestep them.

That feels like a double standard. You don't care about their lives but you care if they're in pain or not?
Petite Fleur Wrote:That feels like a double standard. You don't care about their lives but you care if they're in pain or not?
Hurting/killing to eat is different then just hurting.
But Nami punches people all the time for no reason, is that different?
Kurapika Wrote:
Petite Fleur Wrote:That feels like a double standard. You don't care about their lives but you care if they're in pain or not?
Hurting/killing to eat is different then just hurting.

Only if you decide that. If I punch you is that worse than if I kill and eat you?
Petite Fleur Wrote:Only if you decide that. If I punch you is that worse than if I kill and eat you?
Bit different. I am a human. As much as I am against needless cruelty to animals humans are different and are more important.
Kurapika Wrote:
Petite Fleur Wrote:Only if you decide that. If I punch you is that worse than if I kill and eat you?
Bit different. I am a human. As much as I am against needless cruelty to animals humans are different and are more important.

So you choose to humanize animals according to a criteria? That's not so much a sentimental concern as feel good belief, isn't it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next nakama (Part 200) Gold Roger 22 4,603 12-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Evangelion[lovr]2.0