Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boa Hancock (9th nakama)
Petite Fleur Wrote:So you choose to humanize animals according to a criteria? That's not so much a sentimental concern as feel good belief, isn't it?
People need to eat. But we dont need to harm just so the animal isnt in our way, especially ones who cant hurt us. I dont see how anyone can defend her kicking the animals.
Kurapika Wrote:People need to eat. But we dont need to harm just so the animal isnt in our way, especially ones who cant hurt us. I dont see how anyone can defend her kicking the animals.

But do we need to eat animals? I just don't see how you can defend one but not the other.
Petite Fleur Wrote:But do we need to eat animals? I just don't see how you can defend one but not the other.
We don't need to but it helps. Meat gives a lot of what our bodies need. Some people can handle a vegetarian diet but others simply can not without their bodies growing weak.

And we dont kill to be mean. its not a 'get out of my way' kind of thing. its simply to satisfy our hunger.
Kurapika Wrote:
Petite Fleur Wrote:But do we need to eat animals? I just don't see how you can defend one but not the other.
We don't need to but it helps. Meat gives a lot of what our bodies need. Some people can handle a vegetarian diet but others simply can not without their bodies growing weak.

And we dont kill to be mean. its not a 'get out of my way' kind of thing. its simply to satisfy our hunger.

Poor Mohmoo.
Petite Fleur Wrote:Poor Mohmoo.
iirc there was a threat that he was going to sink them or something to get some food. I think they attacked him because they didntnt want to drown. thats a bit different. Though its been awhile since i reread arlong arc i think thats why when they first met

edit- yup http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece...073/7.html
Kurapika Wrote:
Petite Fleur Wrote:Poor Mohmoo.
iirc there was a threat that he was going to sink them or something to get some food. I think they attacked him because they didntnt want to drown. thats a bit different. Though its been awhile since i reread arlong arc i think thats why when they first met

So basically, it's okay as long as your reason is survival? Otherwise, you can humanize animals? That's like putting a dual price on a life, a double standard where cruelty is okay as long as you eat it afterwards.
Petite Fleur Wrote:So basically, it's okay as long as your reason is survival? Otherwise, you can humanize animals? That's like putting a dual price on a life, a double standard where cruelty is okay as long as you eat it afterwards.
Its not cruelty if you need to eat. Animals kill other animals to eat. its life. thats how it is.

But as humans, who have higher intelligence, we shouldnt hurt for no reason. Hell animals dont even really do that. they are driven to eat and survive. Not that some animals dont kill for amusement but animals arent people. I never said they were nor am i trying to humanize them.

if its to eat, fine. to survive, fine. but not just so the animal, especially animals who pose no threat whatsoever, isnt in our path when we can simple move to the side a little.

Btw, im done with this conversation. You can defend her other actions all you want but her kicking small animals so they werent in her way is disgusting and vile.
Kurapika Wrote:Its not cruelty if you need to eat. Animals kill other animals to eat. its life. thats how it is.

Animals also fight each other for territorial reasons.

Kurapika Wrote:But as humans, who have higher intelligence, we shouldnt hurt for no reason. Hell animals dont even really do that. they are driven to eat and survive. Not that some animals dont kill for amusement but animals arent people. I never said they were nor am i trying to humanize them.

My cat likes to play with bugs, ending up torturing them.

Kurapika Wrote:if its to eat, fine. to survive, fine. but not just so the animal, especially animals who pose no threat whatsoever, isnt in our path when we can simple move to the side a little.

We don't need to eat them to survive. We can, for example, get protein through other means.

Kurapika Wrote:Btw, im done with this conversation. You can defend her other actions all you want but her kicking small animals so they werent in her way is disgusting and vile.

I never said I was defending her, I'm questioning your claim as a double standard.
Third worst OP character to date imo, there is absolutely nothing likeable about her personality. She thinks she should get a free pass on kicking small animals cause of her beauty, which is pretty messed up. Van Der Decken takes first place and Hody 2nd for worst OP characters imo.
strawhats Wrote:Third worst OP character to date imo, there is absolutely nothing likeable about her personality. She thinks she should get a free pass on kicking small animals cause of her beauty, which is pretty messed up. Van Der Decken takes first place and Hody 2nd for worst OP characters imo.

That's kinda harsh though. Decken was useless as hell. He literally could've not existed and the plot would've been fine (though I'm hoping oda makes his existence at least marginally useful later).

Hody was a subpar enemy, a proxy for finishing the theme Arlong had going on, and the necessary evil to make FI a real arc.

Hancock has a good deal of plot importance, moreso than the other two by a long shot Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next nakama (Part 200) Gold Roger 22 4,603 12-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Evangelion[lovr]2.0