Forums
The Places of work. (spots available) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://onemanga.createmybb.com)
+-- Forum: Animanga (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other OneManga Manga Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: Crimson Wings Teasers and Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: The Places of work. (spots available) (/showthread.php?tid=191)

The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:26 AM

Please show some proof of some sort that you are suited for the position, or make some proof (legitimate of course)

Leader- Sparks

Co-leader- Excel-kleinwald

Plot writers-

[Geyter]
[CrazyBleachFan]
[Arctic]

Artists-*

[Arctic](weapons and background)**
[Kururu]
[Sparks](background, chibi)**

[space]
[space]
[space]

Concept artists-

[Arctic]
[space]

Editors/cleaners-

[space]
[space]
[space]

Proof reader-

[Dimplez]

Ideas-

[Jonaling]
[Draik]

people who we can rely on on to give us great ideas and feed back-

[all you guys]
[and a space] (cause [all you guys] was lonely)

*- I will be more than likely setting up a little "contest" where i have drawn a story board page(rough drawings and descriptions of what is going on), and you have to draw the characters and add the backgrounds and such. (everyone would be doing the same Panels)

**-this was decided if no-one else applies for the job (with the talent we want)

PS: tell me if i forgot a spot, posted this quite quickly

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Greg - 06-05-2007 06:30 AM

And you apply like this! User CP->Group Memberships->Subscribe to Manga Group->State in the Reason box how you plan to help.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:30 AM

what he said! :D

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-05-2007 06:33 AM

Um, how will you know if somebody is talented or motivated? i mean i could say i'm a hell of a creative genius. Doesn't make it true. (it is actually :P)

Oh and Sparks, the color of your name doesn't suit your avatar. Just so you know.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-05-2007 06:36 AM

I don't see "suscribe to manga"

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:37 AM

erm, i was gonna add, please show some Material, and someway to prove it's yours. etc. ( i will in a sec) and i know, but it's a colour! (not the most Masculine xD)

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Greg - 06-05-2007 06:37 AM

Sorry, it says Join Group

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-05-2007 06:40 AM

Team doesn't have to be perfect at first run i guess. You could still trim it down a bit later if people aren't doing their share. You have the power now Pinky euh Sparky euhm Very Very Honored Leader?

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:46 AM

HEHE, yeah but it's MANLY PINK =D. and yes, if people don't pull there weight they will be cut from the team. (sorry but it'll have to be that way)

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-05-2007 06:48 AM

Never underestimate the girl power of pink. Go on sister, bask yourself in that rosy goodness.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:53 AM

I'm all for girl power (but i'm a guy =D)

anywho try to keep this topic on The Places available, and not my manly Coloured name.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - CrazyBleachFan - 06-05-2007 06:54 AM

All righty then. I came into this forum at a weird time lol. I am applying for leuitanent :D but really plot writer if you will have me of course. Already did the thing for User cp and all.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-05-2007 06:56 AM

I am so sorry. I thought....never mind.

Anyway, Sparks, think we need a promotionalist? And it would also help if there were leaders for each subdivision of roles.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-05-2007 07:00 AM

Yeah, maybe when it gets rolling, but for now lets get the main thing going.

AND i'm going for erm 5-9 hours (maybe less) shall try to get back ASAP i have school ( :( )

RE:  The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-05-2007 07:04 AM

Sparks Wrote:

if people don't pull there weight they will be cut from the team. (sorry but it'll have to be that way)

That includes you as well...

Power, Corruption, and Revenge...the true story of Sparks. A man once the great and proud leader of a small manga community, turned evil. Mutinied against by his own underlings, he fled. Only to come back and haunt the lives of those who had cursed him.

DUM DUM DUM

With Leonardio De Caprio as Sparks, Val kilmar as Draik, and Tom hanks as Greg. Don't miss this exciting, and thrilling action filled thriller, coming to a silver screen near you...*

I hope you don't take this to heart it's all for celebration anyway:P

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-05-2007 07:06 AM

Can i be played by Jack Black???
I look like him, but sadly i can't sing...

RE:   The Places of work. (spots available) - CrazyBleachFan - 06-05-2007 07:07 AM

Draik Wrote:

Sparks Wrote:

if people don't pull there weight they will be cut from the team. (sorry but it'll have to be that way)

That includes you as well...

Power, Corruption, and Revenge...the true story of Sparks. A man once the great and proud leader of a small manga community, turned evil. Mutinied against by his own underlings, he fled. Only to come back and haunt the lives of those who had cursed him.

DUM DUM DUM

With Leonardio De Caprio as Sparks, Val kilmar as Draik, and Tom hanks as Greg. Don't  miss this exciting, and thrilling action filled thriller, coming to a silver screen near you...*

I hope you don't take this to heart it's all for celebration anyway:P

And Samuel L. Jackson and Tom Cruise sharing the part for CrazyBleachFan lol.
RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Greg - 06-05-2007 07:08 AM

WOW! We're having a movie made about our manga already?!

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - excel-kleinwald - 06-05-2007 07:16 AM

What exactly IS my role as co-leader anyway? (and my name only has one 'l' in the first part)

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-05-2007 07:17 AM

You're the guy that helps out with everything in general, and you stay objective of Sparksy's decisions, in case he does something wrong. It's like you're a leader, except with less power as Sparksy.

If not, then, I have no idea why there's a co-leader at all. The goal of a co-leader is to either be objective, help out, or replacing the leader temporarily at times.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - excel-kleinwald - 06-05-2007 08:07 AM

When I try to join it says that internet explorer cannot display page :(

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Greg - 06-05-2007 08:10 AM

I'll just add you manually.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Greg - 06-05-2007 08:25 AM

God, that's stupid, IE doesn't work with this... I guess anyone who wishes to be added either needs to use another browser like Firefox or Opera (advised) or PM Sparks, who will need to PM me...

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-05-2007 08:32 AM

Fuh, finished the story and PM'd Sparks. Took me long enough.
Hey, when will he decide who's in and who's not? kinda looking forward to this...

Member! Check me out! oh i kinda miss being a junior though (already), people couldn't yell at you if you did something wrong and stuff. pff

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Greg - 06-05-2007 08:33 AM

Whenever he gets a chance, I guess.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Arctic - 06-05-2007 09:00 AM

what about if you want to fill more than one position?

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-05-2007 09:04 AM

Oh yeah, true. Everybody without talent is going for a writer position, so they will fill up quickly. And if your a talented drawer who wants to be a writer too, that will make a hell of a lotta writers!

Hmm, well i say if your good enough to draw you can certainly go for creative writer at the same time, probably means you have feeling for it. :D

Mangakas seem to be able to mix em certainly.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-05-2007 10:11 AM

Well how many people have actually tried out?
-There's me
-you
-Crazybleachfan

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-05-2007 05:16 PM

Excell, with Co-leader, you will be keeping me in check, keeping the others in check and also when i'm away you'll take the horses reigns.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-06-2007 01:38 AM

Arctic and Jonaling too, and the leaders wanna have imput. That's already 7 writers. Thats pushing it a bit no?

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - CrazyBleachFan - 06-06-2007 01:43 AM

I think we will be okay, seeing we all have to have meetings and talk about the plot and what to write. In the end, really maybe, we form the plot for each chapter in those meetings and only one or two people actually write the plot for it as we altogether come up with the characters' lines and events happening in the chapter. Right or no?

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-06-2007 01:51 AM

I think that the writers will write it, and then if anyone suggests something, then okay. I think it should be up to the writers since the people that do get they the are the ones that have experience and know-how. On the other hand if someone that isn't really qualified gets the job...in that case it'd be different. Again, people can suggest things, but in the end the writers decide.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 01:54 AM

But the writers must sty in the context of the setting. and what-not.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-06-2007 01:57 AM

Yeah, so everybody who's working on this can vote for context, style, characters, namaka's,... This way everybody works together and nobody can complain about this not fulfilling his "vision".
The writers have to work with what they get, i suppose

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 01:58 AM

Yeah, which is restricting but, so does the Guy who's drawing and all that jazz.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-06-2007 02:08 AM

If so, we will have to all be online at the same time. To brainstorm. That is what a team does you know?
We can drink lots of coffee and have cigarette breaks and finish each others sentences while listening to the new arctic monkeys (song 'brainstorm' of course) It'll be so much fun :)

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 02:23 AM

Hehe, yeah, though i don't smoke so i'll have Drinking breaks :p.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - geyter - 06-06-2007 02:32 AM

Should work for creativity. By the time i get out of a bar i can solve the world problems and write 3 books about conspiracy theories. I cant seem to find my bike though.
Hey, if we want this brainstorm we are gonna have to know the timeshedules of the peoplo cooperating. And since our leader is English (and i'm flemish) i say the americans and chinese are gonna have to get up early or stay up late, haha!

(BTW if you're wondering why i'm acting as if i'm already accepted it's cause i'm trying to fool Sparks to make him feel as if i am part of the team)

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 02:41 AM

Hehe, yeah, but people can just post on the forum when they have time (cause they can read what other people put) and put what they like dislike on whats agreed. but yeah it would be better if we where all there at one time.

RE:  The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-06-2007 05:58 AM

geyter Wrote:

Yeah, so everybody who's working on this can vote for context, style, characters, namaka's,... This way everybody works together and nobody can complain about this not fulfilling his "vision".

There's no way that's happening. The writers should be able to decide for themselves what the plot should be. They should be responsible enough to find a way to make everyone happy. If you leave it up to the people, then it'll possibly decided by means of voting, and this won't please everyone. The best way to make everyone happy is to leave it to the writers to have minimal conflict and make everyone happy. I am sorry that I have to say this since it's a nice thought that everyone can work on it together and everything, but it's just not true. The most people should be able to do is ask for a pet for the main character, or see some romance, or suggest a plot, which the writers may or may not follow, and may modify.

The readers would have the right to suggest ideas, but the writers make the last call.

RE:  The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-06-2007 06:09 AM

Sparks Wrote:

Hehe, yeah, but people can just post on the forum when they have time (cause they can read what other people put) and put what they like dislike on whats agreed. but yeah it would be better if we where all there at one time.

What about a huge meeting to decide a couple of things? After that there should be meetings among the writers to decide things. If everyone waits to post one after another, it might take too long, and if there's a deadline, well...you get the idea.
RE:   The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 06:10 AM

Draik Wrote:

geyter Wrote:

There's no way that's happening. The writers should decide for themselves what the plot should be. They should be responsible enough to find a way to make everyone happy. If you leave it up to the people, then it'll possibly decided by means of voting, and this won't please everyone. The best way to make everyone happy is to leave it to the writers to have minimal conflict and make everyone happy. I am sorry that I have to say this since it's a nice thought that everyone can work on it together and everything, but it's just not true. The most people should be able to do is ask for a pet for the main character, or see some romance, or suggest a plot, which the writers may or may not follow, and may modify.

The readers will have be able to make decisions, but the writers make the last call.

I agree with some of that, but we should allow a few Polls, Like the Sort of main Character (roughly) we would like (at the start of the manga)

E.g.

Hot-Headed and Dumb

Intellegent yet Unsocailable

Sophisticated and shy

and so on (so two traits for a character) and not being based on the Power of the character, just the Behaviour (at the start, since character evoloution is needed.)

Draik Wrote:

Sparks Wrote:

What about a huge meeting to decide a couple of things? After that there should be meetings among the writers to decide things. If everyone waits to post one after another, it might take too long, and if there's a deadline, well...you get the idea.

yeah, we should set a day (weekend?) to have a big meeting with everyone, via some sort of IM like MSN or a chat box of a sort. so that everyone is on track.
RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-06-2007 06:20 AM

As long as it's not too demanding. I am just afraid that ,let's say, they choose simple and hot-headed because they like One Piece, and the writers can't manage it as well as they would another main character.

It's just an opinion as to what I think and what I 've seen.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 06:27 AM

true, When we get enough Personalities set-up and get the poll started, i'll request them to stay Un-biased and pick for this manga, not one that they'd like it to be like.

(it's the best i can do for now)

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-06-2007 06:29 AM

*shrugs* If it is, it is.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 06:31 AM

Ok! cool.

We'll see how things get on. xD

RE:  The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-06-2007 06:33 AM

Sparks Wrote:

Ok! cool.

We'll see how things get on. xD

You know, you always amaze me with your enthusiasm. It actuallu seems authentic.

Why are there no artists? Please tell me that it's not because no one applied.
RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 06:38 AM

There's no artist cause no-one applied (yet) apart from arctic but he's aiming for Concept artist, since he can't draw in Panels or draw Everyday.

so yeah, apart from arctic, nope no-one. although i have a few friends who may help if they like the sound of the story and the general forum ideas.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-06-2007 06:44 AM

So basically, the manga is going to tank eventhough everything else was going swimmingly, unless we get some artists.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-06-2007 06:45 AM

Erm.. yeah, i can draw Story boards... but for main art and BG's, that aint exactly something i can do 24/7

i'll contact a few Deviant art friends, see if they can help. if not then it's gonna be a rocky ride.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-06-2007 09:43 AM

I mean, I would help out with that but...I've been kind of busy with exams, and plus it's not going to be clear sailing in the future either. I've basically been hanging out here to help the main site. But like if you absolutley needed an artist...I guess I could cover for like a couple of chapters (10 at most), but if it's just a one man show, or there are people that aren't really part of the one manga community...I am not sure it'll really work out.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Arctic - 06-06-2007 01:26 PM

I'd appreciate it if someone answered my application.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-07-2007 12:40 AM

I sent you a PM...

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Arctic - 06-07-2007 11:41 AM

I didn't get it o_O

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-08-2007 12:50 AM

>_< I asked to see some of your writing.

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Arctic - 06-08-2007 02:11 AM

http://www.starcraft.org/fanfiction/Serials/The%20Return%20pt.%201

Also, read part 2 and part 3

A fan fic series i wrote around a year and a half back.

I dont recall writing another one since, except for some writing for school, but i'm sure i can outdo what i've done.

P.S. RenegadeFxT was the name i used to go by

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-08-2007 02:53 AM

Ok, after comparing yours and Draiks pieces, i'm assigning arctic as not only writer but (if he can handle it), a concept Drawer. (this can include a few of the manga covers, if that ok. xD)

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Arctic - 06-08-2007 03:39 AM

:P okay

If an artist is really needed, i guess me and draik could cover it, but we'd have to have a monthly deadline (assuming we do one-two pages a day)

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-08-2007 04:20 AM

And i can draw, faces and bodies (just not backgrounds, but i have read a manga. where they use RL photos for BG's) i'm better at Chibi and Animals >_<

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Arctic - 06-08-2007 02:09 PM

BG's i can do, except when it comes to trees :\

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-09-2007 12:54 AM

Awesome. guess i'll practise my Backgrounds :P

RE:  The Places of work. (spots available) - Draik - 06-09-2007 12:42 PM

Sparks Wrote:

Ok, after comparing yours and Draiks pieces, i'm assigning arctic as not only writer but (if he can handle it), a concept Drawer. (this can include a few of the manga covers, if that ok. xD)

... Are you saying that my writing was worse than his?
RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-09-2007 08:19 PM

in a nutshell, yes, yes it was :D

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - nightfireslp - 06-13-2007 01:45 AM

hey could i be a plot writer or a Concept artists- i think i wud be good at one of these job because i always have fun intresting ideas
~thanks
#Nightfireslp~

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - jonaling - 06-16-2007 01:35 AM

man... since my finals just finished..... i see the forum has been busy....
CONGRATS ON SPARKS BECOMING MANGA LEADER!!!!!

well....
i can help with idea, concepts and artwork of characters....
well...
ILL CONTRIBUTE ALL I CAN!!!!

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Spade - 06-16-2007 05:13 AM

Many mangas/anime/other japanese media tend to throw in random German terms from time to time, so if you ever need anything like that, ask me. That's the only thing I could help with. ^^

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - underdot - 06-16-2007 07:34 PM

hey spade, know any sites w/ streaming anime videos of mahoromatic and video girl ai..? theres none in crunchyroll, youtube, veoh, or anime-eden..

"__________________________________________________"
anyway, if anybody needs my  help in designing artworks , websites, or anything, you can ask my help.. ^^,v

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Spade - 06-16-2007 07:59 PM

Was that a serious question or do you just want to say "gtfo"? :set4_errrr:

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - underdot - 06-16-2007 08:06 PM

thats a serious question.. ^^

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Spade - 06-16-2007 10:30 PM

You serious it was serious? I thought the crap I wrote (although I was serious despite being half asleep) was looked down upon and then I started thinking too much about various stuff... especially since I don't see any context between the topic and the question but I better stop talking now before I get annoying.

My answer is: "no"
I don't like streaming

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - underdot - 06-17-2007 08:38 AM

is that so.. i thought you could help me.. oh well, back to google.. anyway tnx^^

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Karuru - 06-24-2007 02:17 AM

Hey, sparky can you get this up to date you haven't even got lil ol me on that list and Nii-san mentioned something like he thought more people were involved.
Is Draik still in, coz he doesn't seem to say much in the character sketches or anything *hint's that Draik should give me his opinion on how the characters should also look*

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Sparks - 06-24-2007 02:32 AM

done. totally forgot to updat it :D

RE: The Places of work. (spots available) - Karuru - 06-24-2007 02:38 AM

Lol, thanks sparky :3