Forums
Leader Poll - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://onemanga.createmybb.com)
+-- Forum: Animanga (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Forums' Manga (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Old Threads (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Thread: Leader Poll (/showthread.php?tid=170)

Leader Poll - Greg - 06-02-2007 10:27 PM

Take your vote!

RE: Leader Poll - Arctic - 06-03-2007 03:14 AM

sparks gmv.

RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-03-2007 04:24 AM

I'll bet money that Sparks is going to win.

How long are the polls going to be open?

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-03-2007 05:54 AM

I'll probably run it about a week.

RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-03-2007 12:21 PM

Any predictions on the exact number of votes each candidate will get?

I say
Sparks : 10
Excel : 2
jonaling : 0

I am betting that these will be the results.

RE: Leader Poll - jonaling - 06-03-2007 12:53 PM

oh... well.....
i feel kinda bad...
but least i noe that they will do better then me as a leader =)
heh heh heh heh

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-04-2007 12:03 AM

Yeah, well, you were kind of reluctant in the first place: a bit discouraging, right?

RE: Leader Poll - jonaling - 06-04-2007 12:31 AM

my character is like sena timid with no self confidence....
u haf no idea how it was like to post my first post in the forum.....

i need self-confidence....T-T(cuz i haf a dark past)

Oh well, at least im trying.....

RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 01:00 AM

Err...sorry if I was ever mean to you in any way.

RE: Leader Poll - jonaling - 06-04-2007 01:45 AM

s' okay..... =)
as long as u apologize im fine with it.....

RE: Leader Poll - geyter - 06-04-2007 03:13 AM

Hah, every time you talk about yourself as timid i get this mental image of you as a Aang lookalike. (Sorry if that offends you, it's not meant too)

Anyway, i guess this thread can be wrapped up right? Clear winner, and all?
Go Sparks! Share with us your first command sir

RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 03:25 AM

No. It can not end here. My predictions haven't pulled through yet.
Greg said it would last a week, and I said that during that period it would amount to the previously stated results.

Edit: So there, I balanced it out now.

RE:  Leader Poll - Phantom - 06-04-2007 03:45 AM

Draik Wrote:

No. It can not end here. My predictions haven't pulled through yet.
Greg said it would last a week, and I said that during that period it would amount to the previously stated results.

:rolleyes:
RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-04-2007 03:47 AM

Look at the predictions Draik, and i havent voted, so if i did i could ruin them by woting for jonaling

RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 03:54 AM

That didn't happen randomly. At this point I really don't care what happens, you won, I at least did the best of my capabilities, and thats what matters.

And it sounds as if you're threatning me or something...are you?

RE: Leader Poll - geyter - 06-04-2007 04:53 AM

Draik are you mad at something or am i totally getting the wrong picture here?
Maybe a little gambling problem...

Anyway i'm sure by week's end the results will be the same. (I feel bad for excel, he's probably the only one who really wanted the job)

I wont see you guys for a couple of days (I'm a second year at university and have two finals in the next three days) so congratulations to the new captain and good luck in choosing your 2nd in command. I'd recommend excel cause he'll probably be the hardest worker and the least willing to challenge your authority! (little wink to draik there, ;) )
Wish me luck, i'm definetly gonna need it

RE: Leader Poll - CrazyBleachFan - 06-04-2007 04:58 AM

My predictions:

Sparks-15
Excel-15
Jonaling-15
CrazyBleachFan-24? Wait a sec I am not even on the ballot, but I accept lol. (Trying to lessen tension, seems like this is bringing out the worst.) :D

RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-04-2007 05:01 AM

yay for crazy!

well done mate. ;D

geyter Wrote:

Anyway i'm sure by week's end the results will be the same. (I feel bad for excel, he's probably the only one who really wanted the job)

I wont see you guys for a couple of days (I'm a second year at university and have two finals in the next three days) so congratulations to the new captain and good luck in choosing your 2nd in command. I'd recommend excel cause he'll probably be the hardest worker and the least willing to challenge your authority! (little wink to draik there, ;) )

If I do get Leader, i'll certainly be picking excell as my co-leader. that's if he wants it that is. ;)
RE:  Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 05:11 AM

geyter Wrote:

Nah, I just set it so that no matter what happened I would just create a couple of extra accounts and set it myself. I only bet on sure things

Jonaling kind of never wanted the job, or at least that's the impression I got.

Well wouldn't second in command have to be the smartest and most organized? If the leader's the guts, then the 2nd in command is the brains. Like a king and his advisor.

No denying that I take things too seriously but, that's only me as a person. I am a pretty hard worker, and I normally draw the quickest and most efficient results.

Anyway, till the next time you get back...

What ever happened to me?
RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-04-2007 05:13 AM

I have brains! so does Excell and jonaling, heck everyone on the froum has brains and guts (i hope)

RE:  Leader Poll - geyter - 06-04-2007 05:17 AM

Sparks Wrote:

I have brains!

hahahaha funny!
Man, you and draik should form a comic duo or something.
(i haven't had any sleep in a couple of days so it could just be me...)

And besides maybe draik would be a very good 2nd, at least he would keep you on your toes.
RE:  Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 05:18 AM

Sparks Wrote:

I have brains! so does Excell and jonaling, heck everyone on the froum has brains and guts (i hope)

_ -
00  Took it kind of litteraly didn't you?
  -

Anyway, are the polls really going to be open for a whole week? There haven't been any real changes recently, and it seems to me that the matter is that Sparks has too much of a lead. Unless all the guests start voting for random people, I can't see things changing much.
RE: Leader Poll - CrazyBleachFan - 06-04-2007 05:25 AM

If excel gets co-leader, can I have leuitenant (horrible spelling) position? :P

RE:  Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 05:27 AM

CrazyBleachFan Wrote:

If excel gets co-leader, can I have leuitenant (horrible spelling) position? :P

Wouldn't that kind of be unnecessary?
RE: Leader Poll - geyter - 06-04-2007 05:29 AM

Hey if your giving out jobs can i be creative director (you know bossing around the creative team). I could so do that! shouts: "be more creative!" See, easy!

RE:   Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-04-2007 05:31 AM

Draik Wrote:

Sparks Wrote:

_ -
00 Took it kind of litteraly didn't you?
-

Anyway, are the polls really going to be open for a whole week? There haven't been any real changes recently, and it seems to me that the matter is that Sparks has too much of a lead. Unless all the guests start voting for random people, I can't see things changing much.

it was meant to be a joke.

and yeah i can see the point of the whole poll thing, but it's up to greg.

and CBF, Lieutenent is kinda pointless. so no, you can't, but i'm sure there is another space of real meaning available.
RE:    Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 05:35 AM

Sparks Wrote:

and CBF, Lieutenent is kinda pointless. so no, you can't, but i'm sure there is another space of real meaning available.

Finally our leader has accepted the inevitable. Taking responsibilty like that and flat out shooting it down.

By the way Sparks, I was wondering if I could have the part of writer.
RE:     Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-04-2007 05:37 AM

Draik Wrote:

Sparks Wrote:

Finally our leader has accepted the inevitable. Taking responsibilty like that and flat out shooting it down.

By the way Sparks, I was wondering if I could have the part of writer.

you got any material that you've written before? and if you do, w/e is decided in the setting wil be needed, and it will be needed to be able to also be drawn out (so keep it in the manga style of such)
RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 05:40 AM

Well anyway, this can all be finalised when you become leader and we have a real thread deciding on the possible roles for everybody, and the exact job description of each role.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-04-2007 05:44 AM

Nope. There will never be an application thread. NEVER!

And I think I'll end the poll about 4:30 P.M EST tomorrow... any objections?

RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-04-2007 05:47 AM

none here, sir xP

RE:    Leader Poll - CrazyBleachFan - 06-04-2007 05:50 AM

[/quote]

Wasn't it just a joke? You guys take it too seriously. Lieutanent on Bleach=co-captain. I was asking to take the spot excel was going to get. (:/ Jees I really hope I don't have to explain a joke every time I say one lol).

And I think that's fine Greg. No offense to other contenders, but it looks like Sparks has the majority.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-04-2007 05:51 AM

And if Sparks is bad, mutiny is fine :D

RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-04-2007 05:53 AM

wewt for Mutiny, if i am bad, then i'm ok if you kick off the boat and let me drown :)

CrazyBleachFan Wrote:

(:/ Jees I really hope I don't have to explain a joke every time I say one lol).

yes, yes you will
RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 06:06 AM

I wasn't talking about an application thread that I made ( which was really to find out how many people would participate ). But once the Sparks becomes the leader officialy, there will be the obvious jobs of drawing and everything, but writers and editors are also needed. Basically, to know who is going to do what when. I don't know how it'll be decided, but I think we can all agree that something like that would be necessary

RE: Leader Poll - Herr_Secrets - 06-04-2007 09:27 AM

Voted for Sparks.
`cos I see him posting/replying a lot before ,haha

RE:     Leader Poll - excel-kleinwald - 06-04-2007 09:39 AM

CrazyBleachFan Wrote:

Wasn't it just a joke? You guys take it too seriously. Lieutanent on Bleach=co-captain. I was asking to take the spot excel was going to get. (:/ Jees I really hope I don't have to explain a joke every time I say one lol).

And I think that's fine Greg. No offense to other contenders, but it looks like Sparks has the majority.
[/quote]

Don't worry I got it at least!

And to Greg, yea no qualms with that, there seems to be too much of a majority to have any kind of come back (even if I decided to vote for myself :P). But that is how the cookie crumbles, I at least want to help out in some way shape or form (it would seem as co-leader/advisor ;)) but if anything I will probably help with the an editor's jobs. After all this is done I suggest we start to look at and gather as many artists as we can to see what different styles we can work with because with many artists working together not all the pages will look the same (probably).
RE: Leader Poll - Arctic - 06-04-2007 11:39 AM

Sparks, if you want, i can help you organize things.

-1 away from draik's predictions.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-04-2007 11:43 AM

A new candidate takes the lead

RE: Leader Poll - Arctic - 06-04-2007 12:09 PM

=.=

ABUSAL OF POWER!

OVERTHROW THE DICTATOR!

RE: Leader Poll - dimplez - 06-04-2007 12:21 PM

Lol!! good one!

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-04-2007 12:28 PM

@Arctic: If this was your poll, you would be able to do it too :P

RE:  Leader Poll - Draik - 06-04-2007 12:31 PM

Arctic Wrote:

Sparks, if you want, i can help you organize things.

-1 away from draik's predictions.

Rubb it in.
RE: Leader Poll - Arctic - 06-04-2007 12:32 PM

You know it.

RE: Leader Poll - Manga-Otaku - 06-04-2007 02:41 PM

Nice Greg......Sigh this was a quick poll as usual! Of course if I was allowed I would vote for all of you! But I had to vote for Sparks! Oh ya and thanks Jonaling for talking with me for that while!

XPeace Out!™

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 05:24 AM

Who voted for the ninja monkey?!!!

RE: Leader Poll - excel-kleinwald - 06-05-2007 05:33 AM

I vote that that vote should be retransfered over to me.

RE: Leader Poll - geyter - 06-05-2007 05:37 AM

Oh will you all just stop with the voting and get on with it! jeez at this rate we'll be making a christmas special first release.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 05:39 AM

LOL, it ends at 4:30... so another 50 minutes.

RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-05-2007 06:09 AM

Where's Sparks? He's the main occasion. Plus with him here the ball can start rolling

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 06:10 AM

Just not on, I guess.

RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:14 AM

i'm here for 15 minutes then i have to go >_<

RE: Leader Poll - geyter - 06-05-2007 06:14 AM

4.30? at night or day? either way how can you be on this forum?

right that was unnecesairy.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 06:16 AM

4:30 EST... so 15 more minutes... what the hell, I'll just end it now. And I didn't know Draik wanted to win so badly...

RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:17 AM

thanks, guys.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 06:19 AM

You now have official leader status! Tell me when you want to close the forum.

RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:19 AM

Well, if you could leave it open whilst we get people for the spots needed, that would be great.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 06:21 AM

The way the people will apply will be through the group membership option in the user cp... just to let you know.

RE: Leader Poll - geyter - 06-05-2007 06:24 AM

How does that work exactly?

Oh and can i call you Cap'n Sparky?!

It would make me so happy...
(i failed my exam today :()

RE: Leader Poll - THE 1337 NINJA MONKEY OF DOOM - 06-05-2007 06:26 AM

I can't beleive no one else tried to get this username.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 06:27 AM

Oooh... that sucks.

And what you do is go to UserCP at the top of the screen, look at the sidebar, click on group memberships, look for Manga Group, click on join group, and fill out the application form.

RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 06:28 AM

Oh, and Draik, we're so over the NINJA MONKEY... now we're pirate monkey :P

Edit: OOPS! not ninja pirate, lol

RE: Leader Poll - Sparks - 06-05-2007 06:31 AM

Ooh, my names PINK! pink!, only REAL men can wear pink,

and call me whatever you want xD

RE: Leader Poll - geyter - 06-05-2007 06:37 AM

True, i got beat up by a guy wearing pink once. He weighed like 300 pounds and i still made fun of his shirt... Probably my fault

RE:  Leader Poll - Draik - 06-05-2007 10:16 AM

Greg Wrote:

4:30 EST... so 15 more minutes... what the hell, I'll just end it now. And I didn't know Draik wanted to win so badly...

Why would you say that? Is this about the monkey thing? I wanted to have some fun before the last 15 min or so, but as soon as I got registered, a freind called over, and by the time I finished, the polls were closed. Sad, yes, but true.
RE: Leader Poll - Greg - 06-05-2007 10:24 AM

Yeah... it was a joke about the monkey thing :D

RE: Leader Poll - Draik - 06-05-2007 10:31 AM

I feel like I passed up a moment up comedic glory.