Forums
Toriko - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://onemanga.createmybb.com)
+-- Forum: Animanga (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other OneManga Manga Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Toriko (/showthread.php?tid=1082)

Toriko - Oben - 12-12-2012 12:32 AM

Since I have no idea when or if the old forum comes back, I decided to make a thread for another manga I like ^^

How do you think the Bishokukai will be introduced to this arc?
Given that Setsuno could easily dominate Alfaro, who appears to be a good deal better than the Vice-Chefs, how are they supposed to survive against the top 10 chefs?

RE: Toriko - Oben - 12-13-2012 08:02 PM

New chapter is out - not what I expected, but really good.
I guess there goes the option of a Tengu-Zebra combo...

RE: Toriko - YyAoMmIi - 12-13-2012 08:23 PM

I'm thinking the Bishokukai will come durring either the Final or Semi final. This way, The Chief are too busy cooking so the 4 kings have some thing to do.

RE: Toriko - Oben - 12-13-2012 08:31 PM

That's likely... I guess Match and Aimaru might also fight them, since there are too many Bishokukai for just the kings.
I could see Match vs. Chiyo, for example.

RE: Toriko - YyAoMmIi - 12-14-2012 06:16 AM

Match vs Chiyo? How did you even come up with that which seem very unbalanced.

Don't forget Hermit is here. Since he said he is enough by himself, I don't think planning to get the 4 kings help.

RE: Toriko - Oben - 12-14-2012 06:29 AM

Actually I think it'd be a nice matchup - furthermore, there's noone among the kings that could be an interesting fight for her.
Match's fight vs. Barrygamon was rather lame, too, Chiyo would be a nice enemy for him.

I'm still thinking the hermit could be a traitor, though... we know there is one in the 0th biotope, after all.

RE: Toriko - YyAoMmIi - 12-14-2012 06:44 AM

A good question is if this Festival will acutally as it should. Remember the Vice Chief said that this may be the last festival. So unless God causes the end of the festival, (he did not say last for a while), i'm thinking something might happen in this festival so it not complete, thus no Cooking king this year.

Melk can't fight against her? The Knife maker vs Knife weapon?

RE:  Toriko - Oben - 12-14-2012 06:48 AM

YyAoMmIi Wrote:

A good question is if this Festival will acutally as it should. Remember the Vice Chief said that this may be the last festival. So unless God causes the end of the festival, (he did not say last for a while), i'm thinking something might happen in this festival so it not complete, thus no Cooking king this year.

Melk can't fight against her? The Knife maker vs Knife weapon?

Melk is in the Gorumet World, how and why would he come back?

I really think the end of the festival is connected to GOD, since the person that can cook it wouldn't have any equals, making the festival useless.
If there just wasn't a winner this year, that wouldn't mean they couldn't restart it in the next - not given what a magnificent success the whole thing is.
RE: Toriko - YyAoMmIi - 12-14-2012 07:21 AM

Wrong Melk. Refering to Melk 2nd.

2nd point is what i mean. Why is this the end?
First point, I don't think it is simple as that.
1) How would they know who can cook god? I Highly doubht god would appear here for people to test coook.
2) It could be that it the end of the current festival, and a prelude a final festival to determin who can cook god.

RE: Toriko - Oben - 12-14-2012 07:32 AM

Ah ok. But I don't think Melk II has a chance - she was no match to Toriko during her arc, how could she fight someone as strong as Chiyo?

To the second point:
1) If we assume the IGO will win the race, then they'll share god with everyone, that means everyone will be allowed to cook it. Though probably the combo of the Bishokuya obataining it will cook it first.
2) Possible.

RE: Toriko - Oben - 02-01-2013 05:33 AM

Is, by any chance, anyone interested in discussing the current chapters?

I just stumbled across the theory of Zaus = Joa on another bord, that could be interesting (though, I doubt it in fact, except Zaus is possessed or something like that)

RE: Toriko - YyAoMmIi - 02-01-2013 03:18 PM

Manga helpers right? If so that theory has some flaws upon itself, mainly it assumed the person that almost ate Teppie was Joa

IDK really. Too early to make such a theory.
Known facts of Zaus
1) Melk Recogonized him for his care of his knives.
2) He has been Cooking king due to someone's leave of absense.
3) He was laying down at the start of the Battle
4) He dissappeared Soon after the start of the Battle
5) He was looking forward to his the compettion
6) he knew this was his last

Interpertation and qquestion
1) why was he missing? Was he captured or did he run away.
2) How did he get taken out so fast? The fact he was captured did not make sense as Koustme( i know, I can't spell and i can't remember name) is alot weaker then him. Toriko should know when Zaus got taken out.
3) which does implie he run away

Joa Confirmation
1) 3rd side of the war
2) was going after the Notebook
3) Seems strong enough to instant KO teppie.

I'm going to say that it is not Joa as this is too obvious. Joa is much smarter then that.

RE: Toriko - Oben - 02-02-2013 12:27 AM

No, from AP. But I guess those things flow anywhere to everywhere.

As I said, I doubt that the Zaus we know is Joa - but I could see him having some split personality or so.
And the Mysterious Guy still isn't confirmed to be Joa - they even had different goals. (Joa Accacia's Notebook; Mystery guy: Nitro Cooking Book).

As for the possible reasons why Zaus disappeared:
Suicide. I already brought that up on the old forums, not sure if it is likely (probably not)
Captured. Given how ridicolously strong that guy must be, unlikely. Especially since he knew before it was going to be his last match.
Ran way. Why would he? He seems to have big ambitions for the tourmament.

All of those things aren't really good theories - so a split personality taking over actually makes some sense imo.

RE: Toriko - YyAoMmIi - 02-02-2013 04:26 AM

Well, I assumed Mystery guy=Joa because I was assuming the two Notebooks were one and the same.

About your reasoning:
Captured: Um, we don't know how strong he is. Only Setsue andTengu are strong. He could be like Kousume.
Ran way: Well it possible if he wanted to avoid the fighting or he is not on iGO side.

RE: Toriko - Oben - 02-02-2013 04:39 AM

They don't seem like really the same... I doubt Accacia would write in ancient Nitro language and cook humans (though, who knows about that. Given that Midora might very well be cannibal, his master might be too)

Yeah, but Tengu and Setsuno are No. 2&3... so Zaus as No. 1 can easily be strong. If he was number 26 I wouldn't argue that, but he is the best of them, after all.
About running away, what bugs me is that he just vanished... how would he be able to do that?

RE: Toriko - YyAoMmIi - 02-02-2013 06:07 AM

I thought he was Rank 1 Mostly because Setsuno couldn't attendend the the recent Cooking Festival?
Besides, High Rank means not. We all know Kotsume may win the Cooking festival (with all the hyper, it is a possibility) that doesn't mean he is strong.

And if he is strong, or if he is hiding his strenght, i'm sure vanshing is easy for him.

RE: Toriko - Oben - 02-02-2013 06:30 AM

But Komatsu is a special case, since he is only working in a combo - and in fact, he could become strong later on (since Setsuno was also in a combo with Jirou, they mirror each other anyway). For all we know, Zaus is very strong.

Though strength doesn't explain how someone can vanish from a burning tent (leaving even a mark on the ground) in the middle of a stadium with millions of people. It's kind of weird.

RE:  Toriko - peleihno - 02-02-2013 06:42 AM

Oben Wrote:

Though strength doesn't explain how someone can vanish from a burning tent (leaving even a mark on the ground) in the middle of a stadium with millions of people. It's kind of weird.

Skill does though. Skill in stealth and speed that surpasses Buranchi. But yes, it is weird.

However, maybe he got kidnapped. Who knows. Great strength yields before a perfectly set trap.

On another note, Starjun needs to stop testing the waters aka Toriko's offensive power and fight. No reason for him to be so busted up other than being a cheeky bastard. He better let loose next chapter.
RE:   Toriko - Oben - 02-02-2013 06:47 AM

peleihno Wrote:

Skill does though. Skill in stealth and speed that surpasses Buranchi. But yes, it is weird.

However, maybe he got kidnapped. Who knows. Great strength yields before a perfectly set trap.

On another note, Starjun needs to stop testing the waters aka Toriko's offensive power and fight. No reason for him to be so busted up other than being a cheeky bastard. He better let loose next chapter.

Technically yes...

The problem here is that he knew that something was going to happen to him - and if he did know, it's strange for him just to disappear. I doubt he could be taken down without at least a small fight if he knew what was coming.

Maybe he's just weaker than Toriko ^^
RE:    Toriko - peleihno - 02-02-2013 07:16 AM

Oben Wrote:

peleihno Wrote:

Technically yes...

The problem here is that he knew that something was going to happen to him - and if he did know, it's strange for him just to disappear. I doubt he could be taken down without at least a small fight if he knew what was coming.

Maybe he's just weaker than Toriko ^^

Like I said, perfect trap. Who's to say they haven't been preparing in more ways then one prior to the onset of this tourney? Of course, he could be evil. What's the new theory now, he's Joa?

@bolded: NEVER, too soon. I think they're equal now.
RE:     Toriko - Oben - 02-02-2013 07:25 AM

peleihno Wrote:

Like I said, perfect trap. Who's to say they haven't been preparing in more ways then one prior to the onset of this tourney?

It's possible, I guess... but somehow the Bishokukai don't seem very... sophisticated in their tactics ^^
But there's still Kousairou (I think he's the traitor), so he could be the mastermind.

Quote:
Of course, he could be evil. What's the new theory now, he's Joa?

Yeah, on that matter, my theory is that he has a split personality, Zaus being one, Joa the other. It's pretty hypothetical, I know. But it would explain some things - Joa's skill, for example.

Quote:

@bolded: NEVER, too soon. I think they're equal now.

Well, I doubt he won't get serious now. And I hope it doesn't like Toriko vs. Tommyrod, with Tommyrod not really getting defeated by Toriko but by a fresh Teppei.